Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 27 of 36 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Are sky blocking rapidshare.com?

This is a discussion on Are sky blocking rapidshare.com? within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Originally Posted by Adam2010 Hi all Now they are blocking file transfer sites, this is a last straw. How else ...

netwiz is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: Are sky blocking rapidshare.com?

Quote Originally Posted by Adam2010 View Post
      Hi all

Now they are blocking file transfer sites, this is a last straw. How else are you meant to securely transfer work with other work colegues around the world ?. Somebody else I know is on the sky base package and is able to access all the sites we can not - it seems only the sky max is affected.
      It's your choice, but make sure of the facts before you jump. I haven't seen any evidence that Sky is blocking RS - and there are statements to the contrary. The users of other ISPs have also complained about problems accessing RS at times, so the grass isn't necessarily any greener on the other side. There are many technical reasons that could account for the problem - the fact that amending the hosts file makes RS suggest that Sky are not blocking the site - as does the fact that it seems to be an intermittent problem for some people.

It sounds like you've had other issues with Sky as well though.

2. Advertisement
      tommy45 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LCSOU
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Alavana View Post
      A mass request for a MAC (migration codes) might start alarm bells ringing, though nothing will have a dramatic effect as the final nail in Sky`s coffin!

For me, Sky provide a good speed and a reliable internet connection.
      I am all for jumping ship over this issue but not before I do my homework on what else is out there in terms of speed and reliability (and problem-free access to these sites.)

I`m giving Sky until the end of April to sort this out, if the problem still remains, then I will have lost another full month of my Rapidshare Premium membership but I will feel better knowing they were given ample time to address issues and failed their customers.
      Why no one has gone to the national media i don't know, all Sky customer's connected via LLU will be affected as they are on part of the Easynet network
      And those customers who are connected via Ip stream(over the bt network) probably won't be affected(but they get throttled instead)

The problem is with easynet's proxy /filtering that all the file hosting sites are at the moment being routed through, why?? that is open to speculation,as even if there are details of links ect that these files hosts are hosting on the IWF list's the main site pages should never be blocked/filtered as a result
      1, they all where taken out at the same time
      2,the timing of it, the Mandelscum bill D E B coming in, war on file sharing ******

I didn't know england is now part of china

The only solution for a neutral Internet seems to be to use a secure vpn, that is based inside another European country that you can use for any type of traffic

SimpleRules is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Thanks

There's no national coverage because it's just a network fault. The IWF have much, much better things to do be doing than caring about copyright infringement. It's not only file sharing sites affected, anyway. It's no filtering, it's a broken chain between Sky/Easynet and Level3.

Nofews is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Thanks

Most defiantly. And you can bet there skanking "Bandwidth" of off every Sky User claiming its your Internal Wiring.

Sky is the worst ****ing Internet Service Provider rated. Recieved endless amount of phone calls from "Insurance people on personal mobile asking if I want sky + insurance you Ive put in my cancellation 9months early. wasters

tommy45 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LCSOU
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleRules View Post
      There's no national coverage because it's just a network fault. The IWF have much, much better things to do be doing than caring about copyright infringement. It's not only file sharing sites affected, anyway. It's no filtering, it's a broken chain between Sky/Easynet and Level3.
      Why will some people always try to play things down

Google it px0.bllon.uk.easynet.net [212.134.155.194] <<< easynet project filer ip range
      that is from a tracert to megaupload.com
      the next hop always times out? go figure it out, if this only had affected a few filehosts it would be nothing new but this time all these are too, This is a proxy /filter fault, and easynet will do didly squat to fix it

Rapidshare.de
      Megaupload.com
      2Shared.com]
      Hotfile.com (now working)
      Depositfiles.com (now working)
      Sharingmatrix.com
      Turbobit.net
      HotShare
      FileSurf.ru
      Uploading.com
      zSHARE
      MEGAVIDEO
      Multiupload.com
      Sendspace.com (now working)

wanna put some pressure on them to fix it, we could start here :http://forms.theregister.co.uk/mail_the_reg/?user=oates
      Last edited by tommy45; 21-03-10 at 02:56 PM.

SimpleRules is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Thanks

Which could be because all of those use lots of bandwidth in huge data centres that are connected to Level 3. Proboards and Wordpress files are also "blocked", they also use Level3. When Sky 'fixed' the issue on Friday, they sent traffic through different networks - Telia and Peer1 - and not Level 3. Easynet and their connection to Level 3 seem to be key here, not the type of site.

If it goes on for weeks, yes then maybe coverage will be due. And yes, it's strange that the IP px0 has BL FILTER and 'Filter Project' in its whois information. That doesn't necessarily mean they deliberately added the biggest forum hosting site and the biggest blog host to a blacklist for copyright infringement.

Doesn't the fact that you put (now working) by the some of those equally 'bad' file sharing sites suggest this is c*ck-up rather than conspiracy? That the ones that work do not go through Level 3, might also suggest that's where the problem is.

Why aren't torrent sites blocked then? I can access Mininova, EZTV and others. I think it's because torrent sites don't have huge data centres that require that kind of connectivity that Level 3 offer.

User05 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nofews View Post
      Most defiantly. And you can bet there skanking "Bandwidth" of off every Sky User claiming its your Internal Wiring.

Sky is the worst ****ing Internet Service Provider rated. Recieved endless amount of phone calls from "Insurance people on personal mobile asking if I want sky + insurance you Ive put in my cancellation 9months early. wasters
      Are you still trolling this forum?

Iz dey skanking your broadband conneczion, blud?

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Most defiantly. And you can bet there skanking "Bandwidth" of off every Sky User claiming its your Internal Wiring
      It is your internal wiring, as you have been told many times before. Grow up and do what was recommended in your other post and your speed will improve..

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

playaz is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0121
      Thanks

I'm on SkyMax and cannot connect to rapidshare either.. shame as I've just bought a yearly membership too

liljak is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Wait, its all you can do everyone is moaning but there is nothing i, you nor Sky can do that isnt being done al ready.

I have no idea in what the hell is going on but trolling and having a hissy fit while "asking" Sky for you MAC isnt going to help.

So what if RS MU ect is blocked 95% of people complaing are only doing so cause there a few links away from download there lastest film.

Let Sky get on with it no point emailing them your all going to get the same message back and no one on the phones will tell you excatly whats going on.

Good things come to these whom wait.

Page 27 of 36 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast