Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 16 of 36 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Are sky blocking rapidshare.com?

This is a discussion on Are sky blocking rapidshare.com? within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Just as a heads up I have just reported the issues above to our contact at Sky. As per usual ...

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Re: Are sky blocking rapidshare.com?

Just as a heads up I have just reported the issues above to our contact at Sky.

As per usual we normally wouldn't hear anything to report back, but at least Sky are now aware, and if there is an issue it should hopefully now get resolved. Although I am still not convinced it is Sky's fault.

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

2. Advertisement
      IAmNotAUser is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewsreadeR View Post
      Just as a heads up I have just reported the issues above to our contact at Sky.

As per usual we normally wouldn't hear anything to report back, but at least Sky are now aware, and if there is an issue it should hopefully now get resolved. Although I am still not convinced it is Sky's fault.
      Thanks NewsreadeR, do you know of a way to see for definite if those sites have been added to the IWF list?

Having read this thread in its entirety, I'd like to do some further research, but if there are already some good starting blocks that you could point me too, that would be much appreciated.

Thanks
      Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by IAmNotAUser View Post
      Thanks NewsreadeR, do you know of a way to see for definite if those sites have been added to the IWF list?
      Although not guranteed, some users have posted traceroutes or similar which shows a 'filtering' in the results, however, I do not know enough to agree or disagree as to whether or not that is sufficient proof.

Quote Originally Posted by IAmNotAUser View Post
      Having read this thread in its entirety, I'd like to do some further research, but if there are already some good starting blocks that you could point me too, that would be much appreciated.
      As above, my knowledge is very limited in this area. Historically though it has always been resolved within a day or so. Maybe others who are a little more techie than I am could help out here?

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

IAmNotAUser is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Thanks

Although not guranteed, some users have posted traceroutes or similar which shows a 'filtering' in the results, however, I do not know enough to agree or disagree as to whether or not that is sufficient proof.
      No, I'm not entirely convinced that this is enough proof either, but I am aware of an online streaming video site which does not work with Sky ISP, the only one in the world we've found so far with the issue, and I'm very tempted to believe it may have the same root cause. Again, I'm not placing the blame at Sky in particular, but there's definitely some transparent proxying going on somewhere in the system whether fully under Sky's control, or IWF, or something else, I believe the way that is set up could be a valid cause, although I'd be happy to find out these were routine uncontrollable glitches too, even if the techie in me wouldn't.

As above, my knowledge is very limited in this area. Historically though it has always been resolved within a day or so. Maybe others who are a little more techie than I am could help out here?
      No worries, thanks for the help you've provided, I'll keep an eye in this thread for some more technical answers.

Donaghey is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LCMOR
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by greengiant302 View Post
      Oh, and no this doesn't happen once a month - megaupload has never gone down like this for me and it's used pretty much daily in my house.
      i was just saying that last month about this time i couldn't access Rapidshare, Megaupload and for some reason SpeedTest.Net for about a day.....just like today

greengiant302 you must have been one of the lucky ones in the past.

rexon91 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Thanks

Would just like to chip in, same issues as the others and moreso as I can't access the below website for some reason now either.

Ultimate Battle Story - Home

Sgt_Bilko is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Hi, I can confirm that I am also being blocked from Rapidshare (Unless you use the HTTPS://SSL workaround) and also Megaupload, Hotfile, Depositfile, Sharingmatrix, Turbobit, etc, etc,

Jdownloader just sits there waiting for connections.

I've just recently joined Sky from Pipex/Bulldog, 6 weeks ago & never had any of these problems before.....

Is there any way of confirming this from Sky.

Thank you for an excellent & informative site/forum......

Thanks
      Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt_Bilko View Post
      Hi, I can confirm that I am also being blocked from Rapidshare (Unless you use the HTTPS://SSL workaround) and also Megaupload, Hotfile, Depositfile, Sharingmatrix, Turbobit, etc, etc,
      This is the weird thing about it, if it were Sky blocking it, then I would assume the https side of things would also be blocked, they are after all both on the same server / ip address.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt_Bilko View Post
      Is there any way of confirming this from Sky.

Thank you for an excellent & informative site/forum......
      Sky would never confirm or deny anything like this, even when we report issues we would never expect to get an answer or a reply saying it is now fixed.

Although it would be nice to get a definitive yes it was, or no it isn't our fault, Sky have their own way of doing things of which I respect their way of doing things - after all we cannot make such demands on Sky anyway. Others may not agree though.

Thanks for the compliments, it's the members that make this site the way it is, all helping each other out.

tommy45 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LCSOU
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rexon91 View Post
      Would just like to chip in, same issues as the others and moreso as I can't access the below website for some reason now either.

Ultimate Battle Story - Home
      As per the IWF block list it is being filtered by easynet the problem being, is that due to the way this filtering is set up or works,results in the whole hosting site being blocked, which is not deliberately being blocked ,and there are no plans to change the way easynet implements it's filtering, that i was told by easynet staff today,

Just the first time so many have been blocked at the same time that is a bit strange to say the least, i mean we got

Rapidshare.com, Hotfile.com, Megaupload .com ,and Depositfiles, and possibly more,
      and this Digital Economy Bill looming could well be the way things are gonna be going so matter which isp your with,

IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

But, and this is a big but, if it becomes law then no ISPs will allow access to file sharing sites...no big thing really, just setup an FTP server for work and allow people to access it
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

Page 16 of 36 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast