Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Moving house & SkyBB!!

This is a discussion on Moving house & SkyBB!! within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Sky will put a cease on the line despite that you are on the same exchange! It's happened to me ...

Cyrus is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Streetly - CMSTRE
      Broadband ISP: Max, 15.3MB Downstream! B E A Utiful
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Sky will put a cease on the line despite that you are on the same exchange! It's happened to me this week, I'm moving too. They even have my new address on thier system and I haven't moved in yet. They have admitted to an internal system problem.
      "If you are planning for a year, sow rice;
      if you are planning for a decade, plant trees;
      if you are planning for a lifetime, educate people."

2. Advertisement
      only one is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Until I moved house.
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Unhappy Re: Moving house & SkyBB!!

Sounds like you've had it easy Kariokian!

I moved literally across the road five weeks ago and kept the same phone number, no problem with BT sorting that out. Sky have been totally useless at getting broadband transferred over though.

Nobody has a clue what is going on, I've made God knows how many phone calls to people who just pass me onto another department and back again and as far as I can gather Broadband still hasn't been cancelled across the road at my old address (even though Sky are happy to take the money). This is SIX weeks since I told them I was moving.

I have had it escalated, got a nice email from someone via James Murdoch promising to sort it (this is three weeks in), they told me they were waiting for BT to put a cease on the line and I've had no communication since. A week later (last Thursday) I emailed to enquire if there had been any progress and I've had no reply.

Some friends of mine are with BT, just moved, sorted in five days. And this is five weeks!

I think I may cancel the direct debit and send them a letter telling them where to stick it. Back to BT. A shame as I had no problem migrating from BT to SKY in the old place and overall they've been great - but when things go wrong - they really go wrong!

Surely this process shouldn't take more than a couple of weeks at the most?

Any ideas?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234