Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Help Please With Connection

This is a discussion on Help Please With Connection within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi Guys Just now i had my switch over to sky and install the router so its all setup and ...

lambo89 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Help Please With Connection

Hi Guys

Just now i had my switch over to sky and install the router so its all setup and working. I'm on sky connect.

My issue is that before I bought sky my speed was fine but ever since the satelite box lead went into my phone socket my speed has been 120kbps. I waited 2 weeks for my new router and my switch over see if that makes a difference and it didnt.

I have 1 main socket and a cable extension which goes upstairs there I have a microfilter. and you know the rest. I did take out the satelite cable to see if goes back to normal and it didnt.

also on my skypage says I can have 3mbps but everytime i do a speedtest its 120kbps.

my router stats are below sorry if it is messy. Can any 1 tell me a solution please? I mean i dont undertsand why it dont working i havent changed anythin I should be gettin 3mbps but not?

System Up Time: 00:36:35
      Port Status TxPkts RxPkts Collisions Tx B/s Rx B/s Up Time
      WAN PPPoA 9670 10691 0 1071 4558 00:36:09
      LAN 100M/Full 12139 11797 0 4820 1307 00:36:30
      WLAN 11M/54M 434 0 0 22 0 00:36:18
      ADSL Link Downstream Upstream
      Connection Speed 2976 kbps 448 kbps
      Line Attenuation 49 db 30 db
      Noise Margin 11 db 22 db

2. Advertisement
      Smithy99 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Irby
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Help Please With Connection

Read some of the other Sky Connect threads here, it is horribly over capacity so speeds during peak hour are very poor.

Try doing a speed test in the early hours of the morning and see if this is better.

The soloution -----> Move to another ISP, nothing you do your end will help!!!

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

If you have just connected, your line will be training for 10 days. During this time you will see your speed fluctuating. Do an Official BT speedtest, you will probably find your Profile is very low. You will find out how to do this and other information in this thread-
      (Unofficial) FAQ - Sky Connect Users

That said, Connect is rubbish, especial during peak hours. If you plan on being on line between 5pm and 11pm each day and most weekends, you will be terribly disappointed.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

User05 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lambo89 View Post
      I have 1 main socket and a cable extension which goes upstairs there I have a microfilter. and you know the rest. I did take out the satelite cable to see if goes back to normal and it didnt.
      Apart from the connect package being a problem in itself, the extension cable running from the master will not be doing you any favours. I'd suggest getting rid of the extension cable and putting the filter directly into the socket with the short grey dsl cable sky supplied and then running a longer ethernet cable upstairs or going wireless.

Also, if the sky tv engineer has been out then a lot of the time a 'splitter' will be fitted (it's a little blank white box with two port entries). If so, then make sure it's after the microfilter, as the engineers have a habit of putting it incorrectly before the filter.