Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Still waiting for broadband, 4 MONTHS LATER!

This is a discussion on Still waiting for broadband, 4 MONTHS LATER! within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hey guys, new member and first post, just need to vent some rage and get peoples opinions on my dilema. ...

klingon911 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Angry Still waiting for broadband, 4 MONTHS LATER!

Hey guys, new member and first post, just need to vent some rage and get peoples opinions on my dilema.

I got sky tv last sept, and registered for broadband october. Initially my internet worked for a short while then suddenly cut off.

Its four months later, and many many many calls to the help team later and i still have no internet. No1 seems to have the slightest idea what is going on.

The customer service is terrible. No1 was ever calling me back when promised, i was the one doing all the running around and i was always getting the same standard response "your complaint has been escalated to the support....BLAH BLAH BLAH"

I have been contacted every week for the last month or so, but the answer is allways no update, still trying to sort it out.

I was just wondering, has any1 else on this forum had to wait aslong as i have, or is there anything else that people have tried to get their net working when there has been setting up issues?

Many thanks, Kling.

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Re: Still waiting for broadband, 4 MONTHS LATER!

I would phone up tell them you want to cancel as they are getting nowhere. They will either do something about it or cancel it for you. When it is cancelled you can either try registering again with Sky or go to another provider. With what you have experienced, the latter would be my choice.

You could also try sending an email to Jeremydarrochatsky.com the CEO, stating what has happened to you. Many have found this gets a favourable response.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

AdamL is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: CMBED
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

I went through the CEO route of things recently. I had a bit of a nightmare similar to yours but it didn't go on for this long.

With me, the systems wouldn't process my order on apparently and the only way they could stop it was by cancelling and then me re-ordering sky all over again. This was after 2 months of waiting! so they decided to cancel it and left me a voicemail saying if I wanted the services, I needed to call back and re-order again ... I was really annoyed so I wrote off to the CEO about it (after many, many passed around calls and no-one knowing how to re-order my sky without a connection fee and dropped calls etc)... my phone and broadband was later activated within 10 days of my email...

klingon911 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

I suggested on my last call that they should cancel my order, and re-do it, but they said it was not possible lol!

Thanks for the email, i will give it a shot.

skypaulusplus Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

can i reccommend o2?? the reconnected the broadband within 1 hour, after the phone was cut off, great service