Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Upgraded to Everyday for exceeding usage limits - Any problems going back to Base?

This is a discussion on Upgraded to Everyday for exceeding usage limits - Any problems going back to Base? within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Like many got a letter last month saying I had gone over my 2gb allowance and was being upgraded to ...

humfer is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Upgraded to Everyday for exceeding usage limits - Any problems going back to Base?

Like many got a letter last month saying I had gone over my 2gb allowance and was being upgraded to the Everyday package at 5 a month. After finding out that Sky had been sending emails to a Sky account that had never been looked at, now have it configured to send me emails to my main email account. With about 4 days to go am at 1.4gb and therefore thinking about calling them back up and asking to be put back down to the Base package.

The only thing that worries me is the download speed. Have had Sky broadband for about 18 months now and in the past have had problems with the router tripping out as live quite a way from the exchange server (outskirts of Rugby). Sky therefore put a limit of 0.5mb on my router and its been fine ever since. With the change to the Everyday package, I have noticed the download speed has improved to 1.5mb and so far had no issues. It says that my line testing was completed on the 5th february which I assume is why they have 'optimised' my line. Couple of questions then - should I ever see the router return to its earlier problems or have they done something to the line? And if I were to go back to the Base package would then change any of the performance settings on the account? If so, I may simply opt to say on the current package even though my previously free broadband is now 5 and pushing the monthly Sky bill past the 70 mark!!

2. Advertisement
      Smithy99 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Irby
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Upgraded to Everyday for exceeding usage limits - Any problems going back to Base

If you have been automatically upgraded due to using more than your allowance, I cannot see Sky being to quick to downgrade you again not until you have ran for a few months without touching the 2gb mark.

As for your speed, that should stay the same no matter what package you are on as it is below the Sky Base connection speed anyway.