Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Seriously slow speeds

This is a discussion on Seriously slow speeds within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Been with sky for about 2 years and the speeds are just getting slower and slower so its time to ...

pickup712 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01977
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic

Seriously slow speeds

Been with sky for about 2 years and the speeds are just getting slower and slower so its time to get help.

Stats from test socket

I am about 3.2mile from exchange and the line into the house is only 2 years old so i am stuck. I did used to get 1meg but they reduced the line saying it was not stable even though i never had any problems.

I have checked options for ADSL2 from other providers and they recon i can get as high as 3meg but i just want to know if i am wasting my time?

I have rang sky several times only to be told to check my filter and crap like that.

2. Advertisement
      User05 is offline Sky User Member
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box

Re: Seriously slow speeds

Quote Originally Posted by pickup712 View Post
      I have rang sky several times only to be told to check my filter and crap like that.
      Sky really need to make their script more specific or update the training. You need to get past tier 1 and get to the escalations team (customer solutions).

If those stats are from the test socket with the following set-up:

test socket > microfilter > router

... with no extension cables in use, using only the short light grey sky supplied dsl cable to the router from the filter, then it'll need to be looked at a bit further by sky to see what could be pushed out. You do have a really long line according to your attenuation, which sky have correctly set to g.dmt it would seem. Give sky a ring whilst still in the test socket, get transferred to the customer solutions team and see what they can do (if anything, fingers crossed ).

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Central Scotland
      Thanked 1,625 Times in 1,587 Posts

Re: Seriously slow speeds

The upload looks like G.DMT but I have never seen a G.DMT connection reading more than 63.5. ADSL2+ on the other hand will show the full attenuation with some routers.

Could the OP go here, click the Detailed stats button and post the stats given.
      Mel's Notes: Dg834gt-1skuk

I am assuming a DG 834GT.

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

Inssider 2/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.