Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

SKY Broadband Problem

This is a discussion on SKY Broadband Problem within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi Guys, Sorry to bring up what seems to be a nuisance of a problem. I have a SKY Netgear ...

MICKY-T is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0113
      Broadband ISP: Sky Base
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky Basic

SKY Broadband Problem

Hi Guys,

Sorry to bring up what seems to be a nuisance of a problem.

I have a SKY Netgear Router. (The v2 Grey one) on what I believe is a basic Broadband package. We have no download limits set or anything like that.

Over the past few weeks I have been getting slow Internet connections through all Mediums. (PS3, XBOX, iPhone, Laptop, PC).

On Sunday Morning I decided to Reboot the Router by simply turning off all attached devices and powering off in a safe way. I have done this many times before with no problems. However...

Since I reconnected the power on Sunday morning I haven't been able to connect to the internet, The router just cycles the internet light as follows: Flashing Amber > Solid Amber > Solid Green > Then repeated over and over again. On the "SKY Test" I am getting the Error 300 code.

I borrowed my Girlfriends working SKY router and I get exactly the same results. After watching the set up page the ADSL connection status goes from Connecting > Negotiating > Connected and then cycles over and over.. again.

I contacted SKY and got the usual 1st/2nd line checks which turned out to be a waste of time. I am an IT Pro and am capable of checking cables/filters etc.

Has anyone seen/experienced this problem before? I am at an absolute loss and I am currently waiting a call back from 3rd line support but they said could be at least 72 hours from Monday.

I have read the below and wonder if it could be related.. They insist there is no problems at the exchange.

Keep losing Sky Connection

Thanks in advance for your assistance

2. Advertisement
      boothy_08 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Oldham
      Broadband ISP: Virgin Media 120Mbps
      Router: Superhub 2 VM
      Sky TV: Freeview TV

Re: SKY Broadband Problem

to be honest i dont like the DG934 router, the sky test would never work for me even when the connection was on, always came back saying it was unable to detect the connection, even when it was connected? i havent tried it with the sagem yet.........

try plugging your router in the test socket see if it connects then.........

IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Now TV

Error 300 just means you don't have an IP address - same as an orange Internet light as opposed to the normal green. If you can get online then ignore it.

As for T1 - if you're a pro then why did you call for support? T1 are there to help everyone - competent and otherwise. You have to go through the process just as everyone else does if you want to get to CST. T1 solve 90% of issues (might be higher %, I don't know).

And there is no 3rd line support - hasn't been for years. It's T1 and CST now (will Sky ever update their scripts?!?!)

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Central Scotland
      Thanked 1,624 Times in 1,586 Posts

I think they now have a dedicated support team for SVBN problems and don't they need it.

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

Inssider 2/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.