Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Sky Unlimited - How long to upgrade?

This is a discussion on Sky Unlimited - How long to upgrade? within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hello all, Recently moved into a flat with Sky Broadband Base (the lowest one, 2mb, 2gb limit), after a few ...

someone999 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Base
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Sky Unlimited - How long to upgrade?

Hello all,

Recently moved into a flat with Sky Broadband Base (the lowest one, 2mb, 2gb limit), after a few weeks of pestering, I convinced my housemate-who-pays-the-bills to upgrade it to Unlimited. She says this was done (at least the upgrade requested) last Monday. So it's Thursday now and I've yet to see any change - I've cycled power to the router etc, but am still getting ~220k/sec down.

Just wondering, how long does it usually take? Should I ring Sky and knock some heads together?

Here're my stats (as you can see, it's still the 2mb down), could someone tell me how my attenuation and noise stats are? (I've no idea if they're good or bad).

Connection Speed 2048 kbps 416 kbps
      Line Attenuation 16.0 db 11.5 db
      Noise Margin 32.6 db 14.0 db

2. Advertisement
      User05 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Sky Unlimited - How long to upgrade?

DLM's training period usually happens 72hours at most after upgrading, so if it hasn't kicked in yet you could ring up sky (08442410515, option 1, option 3) and get them to manually re-profile your line. Your stats look good and could possibly push out near enough to 16-20mbps.

someone999 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Base
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Thanks for the advice!

Unfortunately, the person-who-pays-the-bills is away on holiday for two weeks, and she's got the account password, so I wasn't able to get very far...

Fingers crossed it'll upgrade itself so I don't have to wait until she gets back!

Daniel Wombwell is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Milton Keynes
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Hi im new to skyuser and im in need of some serious help..

i was on sky basic free broadband, i final got sick of its stupid slow speeds and small download limits so decided to upgrade to sky unlimited mainly for the download, i checked my line to see what speeds it was capable of and it states just as sky said i can only get a max speed of 5mb download which i was more then happy to have compared to they half 336kb i was on. they told me that i had to wait 10 days for the change to be done well that was well over 3 weeks ago and its still going the same speed i have phoned them so many times asking them why no change but dont seem to be getting anywhere does anyone have any ideas for me or could lend me a hand when i next come to phone sky and have ago thanks

See here - Slow speeds
      Last edited by Isitme; 07-02-10 at 08:01 PM. Reason: Duplicate post