Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Same speed after upgrade

This is a discussion on Same speed after upgrade within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; It looks like DLM is running, but it also looks like your download has reached the maximum available. You may ...

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Re: Same speed after upgrade

It looks like DLM is running, but it also looks like your download has reached the maximum available. You may get a few more Ks on the upload.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

2. Advertisement
      1vincent is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Leagrave
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Thanks

Hello.
      Well it has 12 days since i upgraded to unlimited and still my connection is slow and unstable.I thought DLM might have finished but i am not sure.
      Here are my stats on the day of the upgrade;

ADSL Link Downstream Upstream
      Connection Speed 5024 kbps 606 kbps
      Line Attenuation 47.5 db 28.9 db
      Noise Margin 7.3 db 16.5 db

These are the new stats as of 7:00pm today.

Connection Speed 5024 kbps 796 kbps
      Line Attenuation 47.5 db 28.9 db
      Noise Margin 6.4 db 11.5 db

I have not touched the router at all but when i am on the internet the pages take age to load and then load fast or not at all.
      Do you think i should wait a bit or call Sky and ask what is going on?
      Vince

Thanks

You can phone Sky and ask them, but I doubt if they will be able to give you any more. Your line seems to be at its limit.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Thanks

Hello.
      I emailed Sky about my broadband 3 days ago and i got a replt this morning saying that they this:
      Thank you for your email about your connection issue.

I have collaborated with our customer solutions department, who have re-configured the settings on your broadband line. Please monitor your connection for the next 48hrs, and if you continue to experience any issues, feel free to contact us again.
      I did not ring them up as i will be in and out of my house most of the weekend.The computer will be on all the time as will the modem.Is there any software which can monitor the broadband connection for speeds and disconnections?.I did tell them that the connection light on the modem does not come on all the time and i think the modem maybe faulty but i will see what happens over the next 3 days and will get in touch with them if needed.
      Vince

Thanks

Routerstats Lite is one of the better monitoring tools. Get it here- Internet Software.

TomD

Useful Utilites

Thanks

Hello.

I got a call from Sky broadband yesterday afternoon about my speed issues from a person called Nathan.
      He said that they had monitored the line and there was no problems with faults on the line and there was disconnections at my end.
      While he was on the phone he raised the download speeds to just over 6MB and as i said i think there was a problem with the router he will send a new one out to me, he said it will be the new black one, is that a good one?.

Port Status TxPkts RxPkts Collisions Tx B/s Rx B/s Up Time
      WAN PPPoA 436389 280372 0 8660 1817 16:40:20
      LAN 10M/100M 43427646 31911487 0 1682 1573 430:20:10
      WLAN 11M/54M 98738 3046 0 9 0 430:20:02

Connection Speed 6144 kbps 800 kbps
      Line Attenuation 43.0 db 29.0 db
      Noise Margin 7.5 db 16.0 db
      These are my details now so an improvement from before but will wait and see what it is like after the new modem installed.
      Vince

Thanks

I got my new router and set it up at the weekend.
      When i set it up to what it was before when using homeplugs through ethernet/LAN i was getting only 3.2mb download. My Uli card has the latest drivers and i am using Windows 7.
      About a year ago i was using wireless and was having no end of problems and when my next door neighbour got BT hub/vision installed i could not get a good reception from any channel so i bought homeplugs and all was well.
      When i installed the the new router i done a speed test and i only got 3.2 download.I went back to wireless and i was getting just over 5.4 download.When i download a torrent file i get 650kb speed.
      I thought wired was faster.Is there anything i can do to get faster speeds through homeplugs.My new router stats are:

Port Status TxPkts RxPkts Collisions Tx B/s Rx B/s Up Time
      WAN PPPoA 7546999 9441021 0 9160 14635 73:34:39
      LAN 100M/Full 3109779 3459908 0 4801 3501 120:09:56
      WLAN 54M 2591211 1924829 0 16597 4347 47:13:57
      Connection Speed 6400 kbps 800 kbps
      Line Attenuation 43 db 26 db
      Noise Margin 7 db 12 db
      Thank you for any help.
      Vince.

Thanks

If the Homeplugs were working OK with your old router and now don't, that suggests the router is causing the problem. When you got the new router, did you change the PSU as well? Some PSUs are known to have a bad effect on Homeplugs, so if you changed it, that may be the reason. Try using your old PSU and see if there is any difference. If you did not change it, try using the new one. Also check if you have plugged any other PSUs in since the change, including phone chargers etc.

TomD

Useful Utilites

Thanks

Thank you for the reply.
      I am using the new psu and i did try the old one but still the same speeds.
      I am getting the same speeds by homeplugs now as i was before and after i upgraded to unlimited. The only difference now is that i get more speed using wireless than i do with homeplugs/LAN which seems odd to me.
      I have the exact same setup now and nothing has been added or changed to the setup apart from the new router.Maybe i was getting the same and never new it.
      My web pages seem to load a bit slow but that could be down to IE8 browser settings but i will get the broadband done first and then sort out the browser next.
      Vince

Thanks

Do you have the homeplugs directly into the wall sockets.ie, your are not plugging into power extensions?

TomD

Useful Utilites

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast