Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sky's new BB company and T&Cs

This is a discussion on Sky's new BB company and T&Cs within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Faust Hi I tried to look at the new T&Cs but getting no where I put in Sky Broadband and ...

steve16751 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: newas
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Sky's new BB company and T&Cs

Faust
      Hi I tried to look at the new T&Cs but getting no where I put in Sky Broadband and Sky Talk Contracts at the Sky help cente and the page it takes me too says system down.

2. Advertisement
      skypaulusplus Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

could it be the skyrebrand?

sky are changing their broadband company name to bskyb and everything will be housed under bsb group?

Thanks

skypaulusplus
      Hi Paul yes I know just tried to have a look at the new T&Cs under Sky Broadband and Sky Talk Contracts. Sky help cente and the page it takes me too says system down.

If you are a Sky Broadband Connect customer, we have changed your Contract to allow us to move you to our Sky Voice and Broadband Network if it becomes available in your area. We will only transfer you if you are taking Sky Talk Line Rental and a Sky Talk calls package as well as Sky Broadband and we will tell you about the transfer before it takes place. If we transfer you to the Sky Voice and Broadband Network you will only be able to receive broad band and telephony services from Sky. This means that if you want to cancel or switch your Sky Broadband or Sky Talk service to another provider, your remaining Sky Talk or Sky Broadband service will be cancelled at the same time. It will not affect your SkyTV service. For more information about the Sky Voice and Broadband Network, you need to read the 'Key Points' sections of the Sky Broadband and Talk Contracts and Condition 8.9 of the Sky Talk Contract and Conditions l(f), 5(d), l1(g)(d) and 11(j) of the Sky Broadband Contract.
      this is what I am interested in

skypaulusplus Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

thats what they have been doing, now they are backing it up legally

Thanks

skypaulusplus
      Hi Paul this is new for the Connect Customers
      We will only transfer you if you are taking Sky Talk Line Rental and a Sky Talk calls package as well as Sky Broadband

skypaulusplus Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

i see. eithe connect customers are exempt and not mentioned or sky really are coing to llu every uk exchange?

Faust is offline Banned
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by steve16751 View Post
      Faust
      Hi I tried to look at the new T&Cs but getting no where I put in Sky Broadband and Sky Talk Contracts at the Sky help cente and the page it takes me too says system down.
      Well the letter I have scanned (page 2 of this thread) was also included in the Sky mag received by two of my neighbours as well. As I said at the start I was trying to understand just how the changes relate to Connect customers, which by the way is still as dreadful as ever. Sky have recently confirmed in writing that my line is being shaped in line with all Sky Connect customers between 5 and midnight and they are not prepared to do anything about it. I have however pointed out that this is now happening outside of those times and therefore they are in breach of their own T&C and unsurprisingly they have failed to respond.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

It seems the letter is only being addressed to Connect customers. I think the crucial part, the way I read it, is unless you are prepared to take Sky Phone Rental, you are going to be on Connect for ever more. I think those effected are going to have to think carefully about this.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Faust is offline Banned
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      It seems the letter is only being addressed to Connect customers. I think the crucial part, the way I read it, is unless you are prepared to take Sky Phone Rental, you are going to be on Connect for ever more. I think those effected are going to have to think carefully about this.
      Well given our exchange has less than 900 connections I doubt LLU will be coming to our exchange anytime soon - we haven't even got a conversion date for WBC ADSL2+ from BT.

Just as an aside - is taking your phone from Sky more or less expensive? We hardly use our phone for making calls - average calls 11 per quarter.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

is taking your phone from Sky more or less expensive? We hardly use our phone for making calls - average calls 11 per quarter.
      It depends on what you use it for. If you make a lot of 0845 calls BT is cheaper. If you don't and most of your calls are made in the evening or weekend, then Sky Talk Free time would probably suit you. Sky Rental is also a bit cheaper than BT. You should have a look at the offers. Sky Talk Freetime - Wireless Broadband and Offers - Buy Online

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123