Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

confused?

This is a discussion on confused? within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I registered for sky broadband yesterday...gave my mac code.. the sky rep said thwey will post the router out to ...

checkmate is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

confused?

I registered for sky broadband yesterday...gave my mac code..

the sky rep said thwey will post the router out to me asap as soon as i get it.configure the thing and plug in and thats it i got sky BB :S

If thats the case i can configure my router at present and im sure get sky broadband that quick?
      Dont i get given a activation date or sumit saying on this date ill get my broadband

i asked so do i cancel my current isp...? she said yes please cancel..but as soon as my mac code gets transfered my isp will auto cancel my contract with them(plusnet im with)

Im not sure how this works please advise me..i think i was talking to someone who never had clue wat she was on bout...i may be wrong

2. Advertisement
      Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Welcome to the site checkmate

You will not be able to use your own router as SkyBB will not supply you with the username and password needed and its hidden in the Sky router.

Do not cancel your currant ISP unless you are on LLU that will happen when the MAC Code is give to BT but once you are moved then you should call the old ISP and tell them its happened.
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Cheers for that Ray.

So does that mean if i get my router on Monday and plug it all in..would i be with SKy BB. thats what i have been told surely that cant truee

And regardomgh we cant use our own router, im sure thier must be a way now or maybe after so that we can configure our routers but for that time wil tellllllll

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      I doubt it will happen that fast they normally say 5 days to get the router and connection around 10 days but there have been a lot of delays in that department but for some the whole process has gone as it should.

There are places that have the info to do that but thats a subject thats not allowed on this forum and you still need the SkyBB router anyway
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

so that means i may be some days without broadband during this migration?

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      In theory no you shouldn't be as you don't say what package you are getting then it should happen something like this

Base, Mid and Max are LLU and that should be connected first at which time you will or should not be able to log into your ISP anymore but the way the orders have been going who knows.

Connect is IPStream so the same one as you are on now in which case the switch over will be just that and your old ISP will not work any more only unless you have the Sky router you will be unable to connect.
      Ray

click here

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

oh rite...cheers for that..im getting the max package...therefore llu so damn no internet for few days hope not weeeks lol

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Well if and when you get your activation date and the router shows up before that happens and it all goes as planed which has been known to happen then you could be ok.

So fingers crossed that it happens like that.
      Ray

click here

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

how do i get told of my activation date would you know? I gave my MAC code but wasnt t6old of any actiuvation date..would i get a letter...im beeing so impatient lol

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Yes you will get a letter telling you.
      Ray

click here

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast