Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Sky Broadband connect Issues

This is a discussion on Sky Broadband connect Issues within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I've been with sky for a good few months now and it seems to be having more and more issues ...

Matt.R is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Connect
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Sky Broadband connect Issues

I've been with sky for a good few months now and it seems to be having more and more issues over time. We have been given the sagem wireless modem/router which is terible to say the least. Im a lad that likes his game to say, but i can not play anything on my laptop/PC past the time of 11am the internet just fails on me 24/7, lagging, disconnection and spiking, the Ping goes right up and everything, then when it hits 1am it drops and all is smooth. Now its nice that it does work but lets be honest a time gap of 1am ~ 11am is not practical. I spent 50 buying a brand new netgear adsl wireless modem to replace the sagem one in hope of improvements, plugged it in set it up and it could not find internet on my BT phoneline (Have to use as sky don't give out telephone in our area).

If anyone could provide tips on how to improve this i would be grateful, if you need more information for a fix please ask and i'll retrieve it.

Many thanks, Matt.

2. Advertisement
      Matt.R is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Connect
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: Sky Broadband connect Issues

A little extra info: The sagem wireless modem isn't strong enough to reach my laptop in my room which is about 5 metres away so i've been using a linksys's wireless router as a add on. This gives me 2MB dwnload rate when connected but when im wired to the sagem i have 8MB should i really be dropping 6MB through a wireless connection?

Also although i have this 8MB download rate the same gaming issues happen during the day, the lagging, disconnecting and everything else, it will take me about 30 mins to buffer 10 minutes of video on youtube at the time of this post.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Re: Sky Broadband connect Issues

I don't know if you are aware, but Sky routers are supplied ready to plug and play. Non-Sky routers have to be set up with the username and password and other details before it will connect. Have a look at this section for more information on this
      Asking for help

The Connect service is severely throttled between 5 and about 11 pm. You should read the many threads complaining about the Connect broadband, this one in particular -
      (Unofficial) FAQ - Sky Connect Users

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.