Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

error code 300

This is a discussion on error code 300 within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; hi just tried the sky test on the netgear gt router an its come up with n erroe code 300. ...

pendulum is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Mid/Everyday
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

error code 300

hi

just tried the sky test on the netgear gt router an its come up with n erroe code 300.
      as ive read its just says to reboot the router but ive just upgraded to the max package an if i reboot the router via the reset button will it show up as a fault?
      thanx

2. Advertisement
      misfit96 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

Re: error code 300

is your internet light solid amber on your router? error code 300 is generally down to line instability, DLM starts within 72 hours of upgrading so if you have just upgraded today i wouldnt worry about power-cycling the router.

i would advise you post up your router stats(see my signature) and a description of your setup(in master socket? any extensions? etc)

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Was there something wrong with the router? For some reason when there is nothing wrong with the connection and you do the Test, it sometimes shows Error 300. If there is nothing wrong with the router and you have not been told to do the Test by Sky support, there is no point in doing the test.

One reboot will not make any difference to DLM. Only continuous reboots or turning the router off for a period will cause problems.

i would advise you post up your router stats
      Already covered here-

another newbie noise question.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Exchange:
      Thanks

hi guys thanx
      i just port forwarded xbox live an thought id test the connection to see if there was a problem afterwards.
      the connection seems good tho so i dont think there is a problem. just thought id run it passed u chaps about the reboot with the error code.
      ill leave the reboot as ive said it seems fine i was just curious about the error code.
      thanx

misfit96 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pendulum View Post
      hi guys thanx
      i just port forwarded xbox live an thought id test the connection to see if there was a problem afterwards.
      the connection seems good tho so i dont think there is a problem. just thought id run it passed u chaps about the reboot with the error code.
      ill leave the reboot as ive said it seems fine i was just curious about the error code.
      thanx
      ahhh dont worry about then lol, i get alot of people phone and say "i've just done the sky test and it says error code 100, but my internet is working? is there something wrong??"

as IsItMe said, unless you are having connection problems there is no need to run the sky test, thanks for the link as well IsItMe.. i was the first to respond to Pendulum's post of router stats and i forgot all about them >.<

Exchange:
      Thanks

thanx guys for your help yesterday and today,
      its just great to ask people rather than just wonder.
      great forum.
      thanx wayne