Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Not the best start for my Sky BB..

This is a discussion on Not the best start for my Sky BB.. within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; little back story, on the 9th i got fed up of BT 's Fair Usage, and l liked the look ...

Carlow is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Foxhall
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Not the best start for my Sky BB..

little back story, on the 9th i got fed up of BT's Fair Usage, and l liked the look of Skys unlimted+Sky Talk offer.

afew days later i received a letter comfirming the Sky Talk line on the 25th, was surpised to receive the Phone details before BB so i phoned sky, they said everthing was fine, BB is set for the 19th..then on friday i phone again as the status in mysky still showed come back in 24 hours for bb/router stiill processing.

basicly was told the Same, everthings fine, should get router monday.

Monday came and no router(had another parcel from RM ), phoned up again only to find out that the BB was Delayed til 26th due to sky talk free time, and that the router hasn't even been sent.

want to know if theres anything i can do to speed this up, currently stuck with a BT Capped line, which for a rather 3-4 pcs/laptops isn't excatly ideal. am i going to be stuck with this for another week? or worse BT may cut me off tomorrow(the 1st activation date). still like the look of the overall package..just hope i don't need phone Customer support

2. Advertisement
      Aeschylus is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: King's Lynn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: Not the best start for my Sky BB..

When I joined Sky Talk, they said I had to be with SKy Talk for 14 days before BB would go live, I dont know why. BT should not cut you off as I presume you are migrating using a mac code, so it should be a seemless change