Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Stuck and Confused

This is a discussion on Stuck and Confused within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Right, got her to order an engineer, after much discussion, basically because I have only had the line fitted 20 ...

Aeschylus is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: King's Lynn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: Stuck and Confused

Right, got her to order an engineer, after much discussion, basically because I have only had the line fitted 20 days ago, you get 30 days warranty, so she will call an engineer, line shows no fault though...

however I have noticed that when I am on the phone my line speed cuts dramatically, and the internet drop out when I hang up, so something to show engineer...

she reckoned it was the filter, the fact I had 3 brand new ones, amde her change her mind

2. Advertisement
      Thanks

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH

Just had BT round, he was sent with a report of noise on the line, told him the problem, he was not broadband trained, so he checked faceplate and all was ok, went to exchange and put me on a different pair, still the same fault, so he left all he suggested was to phone back up and ask for a broadband engineer.... I explained to him about Broadband saying it is a line issue, but he was having none of it

losing the will with this

boothy_08 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Oldham
      Broadband ISP: Virgin Media 120Mbps
      Router: Superhub 2 VM
      Sky TV: Freeview TV
      Thanks

i have 0db SNR on the downstream instead tho, after about 6 pm it drops to 0db until the morning.......... and also if i use the ADSL filters sky supply, my internet cuts off everytime the phone rings, i use a BT ADSL filter that came with the bt hub, and its fine doesnt cut off when the phone rings, the ADSL filters sky supply are crap and cause all kinds of problems for me, but 0db UPSTREAM SNR? thats weird, i dont know any1 whos ever had this problem... bet ur fuming!!!

Thanks

it is just so frustrating, as now I am in no mans land, Sky Broadband wont send out a BT engineer, Sky Talk did but only a line trained one, who has to report that the line is fine, so there is me stuck, Especially as engineer put me on a new set of pairs at the exchange, so the only option I can see left is for me to pay sky 144 to send out a BT engineer with a broadband tester, and will most probably just keep reducing speed until the SNR upstream goes up, rather than fix the problem

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12