Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

I Have A Small Problem

This is a discussion on I Have A Small Problem within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; i have my sky tv setup while the old tenant still has his sky tv and broadband activated at my ...

MrMoFo is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01207
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Cool I Have A Small Problem

i have my sky tv setup while the old tenant still has his sky tv and broadband activated at my home ... Sky told me to write to head office but i dont want to do that as i know there is still broadband at this house due to borowing my mates router and testing it ... they will not give me a mac code and fob me off everytime i call is there anything anyone can do or advize me to do as iv tryed diffrent companies even rang bt to see if they could remove the tags from the line but they refused because im not the broadband account holder and they say its upto sky

Please Help Me Thanks ~Simon

2. Advertisement
      misfit96 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

Re: I Have A Small Problem

as far as im aware its down to the provider you are joining to remove tags on the line. it should go something like this:

the broadband company orders the broadband and then states the order cant proceed until you can give a valid mac code. if you cant give a mac code then it is down to your new provider to remove the tags from the line.

are you looking for sky broadband? sky's standard process would be to raise a tags on the line form to the 'tags team' to remove the tags, best to speak to the sky broadband provisioning department about this if you've ordered sky broadband. the complication on the other hand may be that you cant order sky broadband simply because the old tenant is still paying for tv and broadband and if this is the case you have 3 options:

1. you need to either contact the previous tenant and get them to cancel tv and generate mac code

2. you can wait for the previous tenant to cancel his sky tv and broadband

3. you should be able to get broadband with another provider(as the old tenants sky account thing may be complicating things more than the existing broadband) and remember that they should be the ones who deal with removing the tags, they need to do this to complete your broadband order and get your money!

best of luck
      Last edited by misfit96; 13-01-10 at 10:48 PM. Reason: clarification

PaulSky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Yep the new provider can arrange to have the tags lifted and if they tell you to call Sky you tell them to do it or you will not take out their contract. If they want your business they will do it. BT used to have a department that dealt with this but it is no longer customer facing as someone decided it was not longer necessary.
      The old tenant should have dealt with this and to be honest Sky are correct, you are not the old tenant so they cannot access the account to deal with it for you due to DPA.
      Why do you not want to write to Sky head office? If you want the tags removed I would have thought you would investigate all possible avenues or are you actually using the ADSL at the moment without paying for it and don't want to lose it without warning?

krysis is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: BT
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

I think if the Old tennant has an account with sky and you are wanting to open an account, sky can close the old account but I think to get a new account open at that address you could be waiting up to 30 days after cancellation of the old account (I may be wrong).
      You can contact the old tennant and ask him to change the payment and account name to yourself, that could always be an option.