Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Still an amber flashing light on router - any suggestions?

This is a discussion on Still an amber flashing light on router - any suggestions? within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi, My problem started when my 2004 PC decided to burn its self out just before Christmas. In the New ...

Astraman999 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Still an amber flashing light on router - any suggestions?

Hi,

My problem started when my 2004 PC decided to burn its self out just before Christmas. In the New Year I bough a new HP laptop and since then I have been unable to connect to the internet. After about 2 hours on to various Sky help departments I am now awaiting a call back from ' customer soloutions' which could take I am told up to 72 hrs. I was just wondering if there any thing I can do in the meantime to try to solve the issue myself.

Sky have sent me a new Sagem router which I recieved yesterday.I connectet the power lead and ASDL lead and I get a power light,. test light and then the amber flasing light like the Router is trying to connect but cant.

After talking to sky I have done all the BT socket checks, I have a crystal clear phone line, re-set the router but still nothing. Previous to this I have had almost no problems at all with my broadband, however I did always used to keep my equipment turned on all the time and when I did turn off when I went on holiday I did have a few problems trying to connect back up but after a router re-set I got back on line so I used to always leave my router and PC on all the time.

you will read in a previous post that sky told me earler on this month there was an exchange problem with my service and MAC code but apparently that is now resolved.

As said previously, I am waiting for Sky to call back but in the meantine if anybody has any suggestions as to what might try I would be gratefull

2. Advertisement
      misfit96 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

Re: Still an amber flashing light on router - any suggestions?

i assume after speaking to sky and being escalated to cst you have connected the router directly into your test socket via an adsl filter and still cant get a connection? if this is the case and your phone line is clear then i would wait for the customer solution team to get back to you or call in with your ticket reference number and ask to be put through to cst. do the power and test light stay on when your internet light flashes amber?

Exchange:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Hi,
      Unfortunatly I dont have a test socket. The phone line enters the front of my house and goes into a junction box by my front door ( I have removed the cover and checked - no test socket) and from the junction box an extension runs to the front room and one to a bedroom. All this is BT installed. I have tried the router in the other extension but exactly the same happens.

I am not sure what a ticket number is, is this somthing I should have been given or maybe I should have asked for it when I was talking to customer services.?

Exchange:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Sorry, I forgot to answer your last question. The power light stays on while the amber light flashes. Not sure about the test light, I know it comes on initially but I think it may go out after a while, I will double check tonight

Exchange:
      Thanks

thats good if both dont go out(power and test) whilst @ light is flashing, you dont really need your ticket number, its all down on the system so you can call sky or wait for cst to get back to you

krysis is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: BT
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Thanks

Call them back, screw waiting about you should get through in no time.
      They are back logged a few days from a lot of staff being unable to get to work with the terrible weather conditions.
      Outbound agents are swamped. Inbound agents should be available within 5 minutes of waiting.

Exchange:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I am going to call customer services tonight after 8.00 pm if they havent called me by then to find out whats going on.

Is there a direct number to call or do I just call the number I have always called (08442 410 515) which seems to be the number most people call when they first have a problem

I'll update tomorrow.

Exchange:
      Thanks

you need to speak to broadband tech support, not customer services who probably wont have a clue what your on about if you mention ticket number or cst! there should be an option for bb tech support when you call, if not just ask to speak to tech support and somebody should be able to transfer you =D look forward to the update!!

Exchange:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

No call from Sky last night so I called them and after a fifteen minute wait I got through to tech support, although very polite the guy was unable to help, he said it was customer solutions I was waiting for because it looked as if the fault was outside of the house and not internal, . He said he was surprised I hadn't been called back by now and said he was going to send a message to these guys to call me ASAP. He said I should have a call tonight (Friday) or if not Saturday at the latest.

If I haven't heard by 8.00 pm Saturday I be back on the phone. I'll update then

IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

CST have 72hrs to respond to an initial ticket log, although this isn't always met...
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast