Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

cant forward ports: heavy lag while gaming

This is a discussion on cant forward ports: heavy lag while gaming within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi just recently switched to sky broadband and ive been having some problems with the wireless router (although mine is ...

oggmeista is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0113
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

cant forward ports: heavy lag while gaming

Hi just recently switched to sky broadband and ive been having some problems with the wireless router (although mine is connected to pc and therefore not wireless)

Im using what i beleive is the netgear dg934g wireless router now I the first thing I did was to create a static ip this wasnt a problem especially using the guides at PortForward.com - Port Forwarding Guides Listed by Manufacturer and Model

I then wanted to forward some ports I used the guide at the aforementioned url but I could not get it to forward the ports I was wanting ports 4662,4672 forwarded but I have not been able to do this .when I fill in the required info into the router settings I get this error "invalid WAN start ip address please enter again"

what can I do im is my software firewall the problem im using bitdefender 2010 but i had no problems of this kind with my previous isp/router

I even tried forwarding these ports using pfconfig but my router wasnt on the list

any help is appreciated thx in advance

2. Advertisement
      NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Re: cant forward ports: heavy lag while gaming

You would forward the IP of the PC with the static IP

ie:

forward to 192.168.0.3

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

oggmeista is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0113
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Re: cant forward ports: heavy lag while gaming

I know its been a while since i added anything to this but I sorted out the problem.

Basically the guide for my router is missguided some of the data it states to input is incorrect . in actual fact you need only to enter your ip and the forwarded port Any other data which it shows you should enter will trigger an error; just thought id add this in case anyone else trips up over it like i did