Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Disconnecting internet

This is a discussion on Disconnecting internet within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hello... We've been on sky with the Sky Everyday package for over a year now and had no problems. Now ...

L14M333 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01376, Witham, Essex, UK
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Disconnecting internet

Hello... We've been on sky with the Sky Everyday package for over a year now and had no problems. Now they have been stupid and changed the download limit and it's annoyed me. Anyway other than me going over my limit since the've changed it what may have annoyed them but since saturday at around 5PM my internet turns crap... around every 10 minutes i dont loose connection with my router but my xbox live connection will lag up and disconnect me and everything internet related will stop and i will sign out of msn ect... it will all start working a couple of minutes later without problems for another 10 or so minutes again. This is quite annoying and i dont loose connection to the router i think its something to do with sky to my house. anyone else having trouble? I live in the essex area and when i do a speed check i have no change to the usual results i get.

I would be using virgins fiber-optic deals when they changed my package but my little area dont support it :@ !!

Any help would be good.

Thanks

Liam

2. Advertisement
      Andy17 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Woodhouse (SLWD)
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fiber Max
      Router: Sky Q Hub
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Disconnecting internet

Could you post your stats from the router.

Smithy99 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Irby
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Thanks

If you are using wireless then it may be wireless interference, someone near may have purchased another wireless device that scans every ten minutes or so like a wireless thermostat for a boiler etc.

Try a wire and if that cures it you could try changing the routers channel (start at 13 and work down) or better still, buy a couple of homeplugs.

IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

sounds like you're on Connect if it slows down comes 5pm...stats would confirm this...
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

smiley rulez is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: St Austell
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Thanks

i've been having the exact same problem!
      since tuesday evening my connection has been bad, but not just after 5PM at random times of the day.

i've also noticed a drop in speed. i usually get around 6000kbps but im only getting 5000 at most!

i tried reseting my router, this works for a little while but it does it soon after. i also tried changing the filter but this had little affect.

my router isn't connected to the main master socket and im not even sure where the master socket is

see the attachment for my test results
      Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Disconnecting internet-router-stats.jpg  

User05 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by smiley rulez View Post
      my router isn't connected to the main master socket and im not even sure where the master socket is
      Look for a socket with a bt/openreach logo in the top left, screws in the bottom half and a horizontal split across the faceplate. Alternatively, test the router in every socket with JUST the filter and grey adsl cable sky supplied. Check your downstream speed and also SNR to check if they shoot up. Whatever socket gives the best result should be the master socket.