Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Problems moving house with Broadband

This is a discussion on Problems moving house with Broadband within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi All I have been a Sky customer for 7 months I moved home a month ago and hoped to ...

Iwantmybroadbandback is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 07891709361
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Problems moving house with Broadband

Hi All

I have been a Sky customer for 7 months I moved home a month ago and hoped to take my T.V, phone and broadband with me.

My T.V came to my address with out to much hassle. However the phone and broad band have been a total nightmare.

We contacted Sky a week before we moved (I know it's supposed to be 2 weeks but we had to move at very short notice). We have since been waiting to here from the Moving Home Team. It's now been 40 days since we first contacted Sky regarding moving and we are yet to have the PROMISED phone call from the moving home team.

We have now called Sky quite a few times in a bid to find out what's going on and speak to the moving home team.

Every time we call Sky have told us we can't speak to them directly and they will send them an email and they will call back.

This has not happened and today we tried again. We first spoke to a person who put us on hold and then cut us off.

We tried again this time we asked to speak to a person from the moving home team. They said they can't do that as they are an external department.

We then asked if they could call the moving home team and ask them when it would be happening. Again no all they could do was send an email.

We asked to speak to the staff members supervisor. He point blank refused this request.

We then asked if there was anyone other senior member of staff we could speak to. The staff member said he would check. He then put us on hold and cut us off 30 seconds later. This was the last time we called.

Words cannot explain how frustrated I feel with Sky at the moment. There customer service is digusting.

Does anyone have any advice as to what steps I should take now. I am self employed and do a fair amount of work from home so being without a home phone and broadband is causing problems to my business.

I am tempted to try and cancel the contract but I know they will play hard ball as we still have a few months left to run.

I assume the next step is a letter of complaint? Any advice is greatly welcomed.

Thanks in advance

Matt

2. Advertisement
      PaulSky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Thanks

Re: Problems moving house with Broadband

Ask for the cancellations department, they can escalate you and if you cannot be provisioned you should be allowed to leave without penalty.

Oh and don't try using your business issues as leverage as Sky is residential service only so you are not protected by SLAs like you would be with a proper business contract line. Cancellation due to non-provision is more than enough reason.

Iwantmybroadbandback is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 07891709361
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Thanks

Hi Paul

Thanks for the reply. I forgot to mention in the previous post that Sky have not charged us for the month we have not had phone and broadband access. Good thing to.

How would this affect the contract status if we cannot be provisioned?

Thanks again

misfit96 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

you have a contract with sky stating that you will exchange your hard earned money for their service, if they cant or wont offer you this service then you can cancel and go elsewhere!