Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Misold broadband

This is a discussion on Misold broadband within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I've seen it done quicker than normal provision but I've also seen it take the time of a normal migration ...

IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

Re: Misold broadband

I've seen it done quicker than normal provision but I've also seen it take the time of a normal migration as NR said...it depends on BT tbh BUT anyone at Sky CS can check on your product portfolio and see when the live date is...
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

2. Advertisement
      Desertrat2k7 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Connect
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Tier 2 called me back to advise that they put me on fastpath, which as you advised didn't do much. It did improve my ping slightly to Uk servers however international one's (specifically east coast USA) I can't even ping/or very laggy - any idea what this could be?

Will the fact that i've been put on fastpath improve the unlimited connection once its set up or is it seperate?

Appreciate your comments

User05 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Desertrat2k7 View Post
      Tier 2 called me back to advise that they put me on fastpath, which as you advised didn't do much. It did improve my ping slightly to Uk servers however international one's (specifically east coast USA) I can't even ping/or very laggy - any idea what this could be?

Will the fact that i've been put on fastpath improve the unlimited connection once its set up or is it seperate?

Appreciate your comments
      Two separate DSLAMs, so you'll be back to interleaving once you're on sky's equipment. Sky don't support fast path, but you can get your max delays reduced to 8ms instead.

Any more word on the engineer that was meant to come out that you mentioned earlier in the thread?

Exchange:
      Thanks

Yeah they phone me back to say that I have been put on fastpath, I questioned that an engineer was supposed to contact me they said they have changed my profile to fastpath and as I am in the process of being upgraded to unlimited - there was no need to chase this up as I am being upgraded soon anyway.

Got a text from Sky this morning to say that I am being 'activated' on the 18th, which I take it means unlimited will start from then. It's not soon, but at least it's on its way.

So, once unlimited is set up - hopefully the pings will be better? Or will I have to reduce max delays again?

(Getting tired of phoning them)

Thanks

IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

max delays haven't been done as thays only on LLU - fastpath in effect is a delay setting of 0ms but Sky dont' offer it on the LLU product. Having said that, DLM tends to set the delays to 8ms anyway so wait the 10 days from the 18th and if you're not happy then you can call CST and they can do it manually. You should notice a big improvement anyway initially moving to LLU - and don't take any notice of the ping times on speedtest.net - do a ping from a command prompt to the BBC and it'll give you a more accurate picture...
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

Exchange:
      Thanks

Well the 18th has now arrived, can I ask how I will be able to tell when it's been switched over to unlimited? Such as router stats etc?

My Sky advises I am on Unlimited, but is there a way to see if todays physical activation been done yet?

Thanks

Exchange:
      Thanks

Post up your router stats and we'll check if they look like unlimited stats.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Router stats as requested

My Sky account says this

My Speed test results, however it's during the day I usually get better results anyway.

My main concern is the speed dropping tonight like it has been on connect, I just really hope that I don't experiance that even on activation day or is that a little too optimistic?

Thanks

Exchange:
      Thanks

You're on the start speed for the unlimited package, so you've definitely been switched over thankfully. Unlimited, or any of sky LLU's products, are not throttled so it won't matter what time of the day you use it. You should see a nice little speed from that - around 9-11mb or so. You could always try your test socket to check if the SNRs shoot up in the case that you may have more speed to push out.

Edit: Oh, I forgot to mention. DLM will now run and optimise the speeds over 10 days at most - leave the router on and don't turn it off.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Thanks User, appreciate you comments.

I don't have a test socket just the one on mine, the noise margin has gone up nearly double which I guess is a good thing?

Am looking foward to anything over 8mb to be honest is fast enough for me.

I'm less than half a mile from the exchange, so hopefully that will work in my favour.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast