Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Misold broadband

This is a discussion on Misold broadband within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; well, no as it won't do anything - do as I recommended in my first post. don't call tech, call ...

IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

Re: Misold broadband

well, no as it won't do anything - do as I recommended in my first post. don't call tech, call customer services and see if they can do an upgrade for you. if there are free ports it should go through...
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

2. Advertisement
      Desertrat2k7 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Connect
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

What is the customer service number then? The main one I got from their site has options and there is only 1 option for broadband on it.

This is a COMPLETE NIGHTMARE and am very dissapointed in every step of this service from Sky, so what...they order an engineer KNOWING that it won't make a jack bit of difference to fob me off once again!? Sorry, i'm loosing my patience now.

There is only one customer service number 08442 414141 that gives you 5 options only one relating to broadband no other 'Cusomter Service' options like you say.

I have asked them 5 times now to be upgraded and they keep saying it's not available in my area.

If tommorow doesnt sort it (which I still hope it will) then I have no choice but to demand a cancellation so I can move from this wretched service once and for all, why should I have to fight to be sold a product that I was promised in the first place? F'kin crazy!
      Last edited by Desertrat2k7; 07-01-10 at 08:48 PM.

IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

If I still worked for Sky I'd help you out in this instance but sadly I don't...
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

Exchange:
      Thanks

Is there anyone here that CAN help me?

You would make me a very happy man if you did..

Exchange:
      Thanks

I just done a exchange test on SkyUser - Sky Broadband Availability and Exchange Checker which resulted in the following comment under ADSL line info:

Compatibility issue found. This could be several things eg. existing ADSL connection, pending ADSL order on line, ISDN, DACS, TPON, LLU, some alarm systems

- perhaps that is what they are instructing BT to fix tommorow?

Any additional comments welcome

User05 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

It should be 'available in your area' as they put it, as according to samknows you have LLU available. I could imagine one port must have freed up by the amount of time you've been told to wait, so I'm with Enemy on this one.

Call up 08442410515. I believe option 1, option 3. You'll get through to bb tech - just state you would like to be put through to account management/customer services. If the dude doesn't have a clue what you're on about, tell him to transfer you to '77499'.... (edit: I THINK it's that - don't shoot me if you end up in a different dept.! Perhaps someone else can confirm)

Hopefully from there you can ask about the upgrade, mate.

Edit: Just seen your above post - that just means you already have broadband provisioned on your telephone line.

Exchange:
      Thanks

I just phoned and spoke to them again and asked to be put through to customer services/account management as you advised, and then was put through to them.

Once I got through I was told that the exchange isnt owned by sky but by bt and that there is nothing they can do to upgrade me from connect, now 4 different advisors have told me that this is the case.

I then advised I looked on the exchange checker and that I should/could be receiving the max/unlimited package and he went to speak to management/tech then came back to say that NOTHING CAN BE DONE.

Seriously p**sed off now.

Exchange:
      Thanks

All he kept saying was 'you are on the connect package' I advised 'yes, but we were promised unlimited and didnt get it' then 'you are on the connect package, it has a set download speed'

Arrrrrghhhhhhhhhh what can I do now?!?!

This is shocking, really want to take this to the FSA/Trading standards now.

User05 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

I'm only assuming sky have done what they should in which they run a simple check available to all depts. on whether you have LLU available in your exchange. Assuming that it is returning to them that there is no LLU, then it's a bit confusing mixed with the samknows information. It should basically tell them that there are no ports available, assuming there are none, but it should not return that LLU is not available at all. I say kick up a fuss to sky - demand to speak to a manager and perhaps that shall get the ball rolling.

Exchange:
      Thanks

I've already kicked up a fuss by making a formal complaint in writing and by phone earlier today (when I was transferred to tier 2).

I kicked up a big fuss and spoke to a manager back in November too when we found out that we hadn't got the unlimited like we were promised, and was fobbed off then by a manager saying that we can only get connect in my area.

I see that there is nothing else I can do, but to cancel the broadband on monday if this engineer visit tommorow doesnt change anything.

Such a shame and so much hassle, they better not even dare to charge us to cancel.

EDIT: Following a cancellation of the connect package on monday, how long do I have to wait to be able to change over and which provider would be best for low ping rates?

This is my local exchange info:

Who would be best to go with out of the options available there to me?
      Last edited by Desertrat2k7; 08-01-10 at 02:01 AM.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast