Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

B/B Unlimited

This is a discussion on B/B Unlimited within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Originally Posted by frustrateduser Sky broadband is ****. They're worse than Tiscali and I thought Tiscali were bad. connect or ...

User05 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: B/B Unlimited

Quote Originally Posted by frustrateduser View Post
      Sky broadband is ****. They're worse than Tiscali and I thought Tiscali were bad. connect or not, it's supposed to be 8meg and I can't get to play any online game without lag and I can't even upload to youtube and browse at the same time.

8meg! They're beaking the law and getting away with it!

Stuck with this ****ty company for 2 years.
      Seriously, man, why do you consistently post this on peoples' threads? You're more than entitled to your opinion, but this thread, as already pointed out, is nothing to do with connect. Although sky connect is a horrible service - I won't deny that, it would be arguable whether sky are breaking any law really as you acknowledged the traffic management policy upon acceptance into the contract.

You achieve a sync speed to BT's DSLAM at 8128kbps. That is your downstream sync speed and that is what sky offer. DownLOAD speeds/throughput speeds are subject to many things, but mainly the traffic management policy.

Let's not hi-jack the poster's thread - there are many threads explaining how connect works.
      Last edited by User05; 10-01-10 at 01:56 AM.

2. Advertisement
      steve16751 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: newas
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

The first thing is it states up to 8mbs which depends on the distance you are from the exchange the closer the better speed and without you starting your own thread and putting in your router stats no one will ever know also if you have not noticed I am on the Connect Package since begining of 2007 and have been through it all and now giving help on the various Connect threads which there are many. Sky are Traffic Shaping BUT Bt are causing not only Sky but other ISPs lots of Problems.

User05
      Hi I see you have already explained I was a bit slow something to do with the Connect Package
      Last edited by steve16751; 10-01-10 at 01:58 AM. Reason: to slow

IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

I don't care! They lied in their terms and conditions and I am ****** about it! It should say "up to 56k", not "up to 8meg" if you never ever get anywhere near up to 8meg speeds.

"Bt re-badged"

It's Sky that slow you down, not BT.
      So leave Sky for another ISP? Would be better for all genuinely seeking help rather than you spam everyone's thread saying they're crap when, other than Connect, they're fine!
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

frustrateduser is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Connect
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IWasNotTheEnemy View Post
      So leave Sky for another ISP? Would be better for all genuinely seeking help rather than you spam everyone's thread saying they're crap when, other than Connect, they're fine!
      Yeah and I'll be canceling my tv package along with it. I've been with Sky since the beginning and this is my reward.

Deliberately make connect pure **** and blame it on some BT wiring so we'll pay the 10 quid for Max.

Smithy99 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Irby
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Deliberately make connect pure **** and blame it on some BT wiring so we'll pay the 10 quid for Max.
      Well that bit is wrong anyway! (in 99.9% of cases)

If you have Connect then are that you cannot just pay to go on unlimited because it is not available on your exchange if it was, Sky would want you on it because they SAVE monry that way.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12