Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

No Router & Sky Activated?

This is a discussion on No Router & Sky Activated? within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hello guys, I've been told that my activation date is now 3rd October. However, what they can't tell me is ...

reech is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Penn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

No Router & Sky Activated?

Hello guys,

I've been told that my activation date is now 3rd October.

However, what they can't tell me is when my router will be here (oh, it might be there tomorrow, saturday, monday or tuesday.) Nor can they actually confirm if they sent it.

When my line is 'activated' will my old ADSL service (AOL) still continue to work, or will that stop working?

If that's the case, and I have no router from Sky, then I'll be without a connection? Sky don't seem to understand the question, so I'm thinking I should cancel, and then wait until they've caught up with themselves?

2. Advertisement
      boab2791 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Lennoxtown (WSLEX)
      Broadband ISP: Talk Talk
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      You got it in one. I am due to be activated tomorrow although no offical letter from Sky. I have been assured that it is supposed to be going ahead but it won't matter as I have no router and apparently none have been sent.

Sede my thread ( 3 weeks and counting...still no Sky BB ) for more info.

Hope you get your router before activation.

John_Sayers is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Rottingdean A
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      When did you order your broadband. I ordered mine on the Wednesday 20th and was promised my router within 5 working days. It arrived two days later on the Friday. I was told activation could take 10 working days and is due today (28th). Just waiting for BT.

Plusnet suck is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      i ordered on the 18th migrating from plusnet, got the welcome letter but nothing else, rang to ask what was happening told i would be switched on the 27th Sept', asked where the router was as not got it told me it would be here in the next 2 days, well the 27th arrived and at 8pm i lost my connection to plusnet but had no sky router. rang them every day since, getting various excuses, from order software not working correctly to it was sent on the 18th. finally got through to someone today that has assured me she will send me one special delivery so i should have it in the next 48 hours. the first thing i will be doing if it does arrive is finding out my username and password from the router in case it ever packs in, at least then i will be able to use one of my own as they point blank refused to give me my user name and password today, again with a range of excuses from no one here can tell you it to even if we gave it you it would not work in your router. makes me rather pi**** that i have bothered signing up with Sky.

Thanks

Sadly, I ordered mine on 1st September, and I've been told three dates when the router has been sent - and then told that it never was, and had two delays to activation from BT.

I'm very worried.

Thanks

Actually, just a thought, 'cos I don't know how this works.

Apparently, my line will be activated on 3rd October.

Since there's no sign of the rotuer, and they can't tell me if one will even turn up, can Sky tell BT to stop the activation, and cancel it, so I can remain with my current provider? I'm asking here, rather than asking Sky, 'cos obviously I want a slightly more impartial view

MD118 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      on the bt site it shows my line has been completed as agreed (29/9), but no router!! although i have the same router as what sky supply but found out that this can not be used. did call sky yesterday they could not trace my router or know when it was delivered, so will tomorrow again if it doesn't turn up today

Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Yes there are a lot of members in your situation and its a real pain though it would seem a lot of routers have been sent out over the last couple of days so you never know.

@reech
      You can but there is no guarantees that they will be able to stop it on time and even if it did happen you could be without any BB for a whole lot longer anyway.
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

Plusnet suck is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Well slap me down with a wet fish just had parcel line deliver my router, all up and running and best of all, at the moment it is faster than my old plusnet connection

Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Well that is good news
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast