Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Help with speed please

This is a discussion on Help with speed please within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Dear lord there looks to be no one in your exchange? If that is the case your only real option ...

PaulSky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: Help with speed please

Dear lord there looks to be no one in your exchange? If that is the case your only real option is BT You could try the checkers on sites like Plusnet, Zen etc and see what they say for your details?

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Put your post code in the box and see what is on offer Broadband from 4.99 - Compare Best Broadband Deals, Packages & UK Broadband Providers Before you decide on anyone, have a look at their Forum, you can sometimes get an idea what they are really like.

All will be a rebadged BT product, which is what Paul meant when he said you could only get BT.

You are still displaying your phone number. As this site is accessed by kooks from all over the world, you would really be better taking it down.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

alexdee1 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: EBAL
      Broadband ISP: Sky Base
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Thanks

Ok thanks all, mum isn't prepared to pay for the internet as its good enough for her with sky, so I guess I'll have to bloody pay it but i'm only 17 so I dunno if I can sign up by myself lol I have a job so I can pay it monthly as I get paid weekly. :@

Ah yes I also don't know how to cancel our bb with sky, my mum can't find her details ect and she can't be bothered phoning because it takes so bloody long and she doesn't want to argue with sky to cancel it. So I guess I can't change over cos I'm not 18 and can't take out a bloody contract...
      Last edited by alexdee1; 04-01-10 at 01:10 PM.

Smithy99 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Irby
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

She must be paying something for it now. The normal price for Sky Connect is 17pm.

The best way to cancel is by phone and you don't cancel, you request a MAC code, when they ask why you tell them that you were advised you would be on one of the LLU products and now you find out that you are not and that Sky Connect is useless for your needs.

They will get the MAC to you, then all you do is give that to your chosen provider (I would sugest Plusnet for gaming and unlimited off peak downloads).

DO NOT CANCEL, DO NOT EVEN MENTION THAT WORD WHEN TALKING TO THEM, YOU NEED A MAC CODE!!!.

alexdee1 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: EBAL
      Broadband ISP: Sky Base
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Thanks

Lol ok guys thanks again for the help
      My mum reckons shes paying 10 per month ? :S
      She doesn't even know her username or password or a number to phone and to be honest I'm not sure either I wasn't aware at the time. I'm more computer 'savvy' then her but i'm not an expert I have like 2 basic computing qualifications you know lol...

So a number to phone just now would be all I needed then i'll request the mac code and won't mention a word about cancelling, but will they still bill us for sky connect? :S And oh yeh last time i've dealed with internet issues my mum gets angry on the phone simply because she does not understand computers, and since I'm not the account holder she usually just confirms she is and passes the phone to me but I guess we need our details first since shes went and lost them !

krysis is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: BT
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

08442 414 141 is a number for Account Enq Think they might be able to do this.
      If you are not the account holder Sky will just ask to speak with the account holder to confirm that she is giving you access to the account.

10 sometimes is the price that Sky do for a deal on the connect package - Default is 17, You will need to double check this with Customer Services - If they try to Fob you off to Broadband Tech, just tell them that you just want your MAC Code.
      Make sure when you get your MAC Code you double and Triple check it or you will have problems.

Hope you get something sorted mate!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12