Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Sky Netgear router not allowing xbox media sharing !

This is a discussion on Sky Netgear router not allowing xbox media sharing ! within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Please please please can someone help this is driving me up the wall ! My xbox and pc have been ...

Brilldan is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01438
      Broadband ISP: Sky Connect
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Angry Sky Netgear router not allowing xbox media sharing !

Please please please can someone help this is driving me up the wall ! My xbox and pc have been working perfectly together streaming video wirelessly through media player 11 for years using my old netgear router and an orange connection. yesterday i changed to sky, internet works fine, xbox can connect to the internet and xbox live fine. However when trying to connect to the pc the xbox cannot find it and diplays pc not found !

The xbox is displayed on the vista network page.

UPnP is enabled on the router.

Media sharing is fully enabled on my pc as if i plug my old router back in media sharing works fine.

Streaming works fine using orb, but i want to use media player 11 as orbs quality is rubbish and no dolby 5.1 !

I am 99% sure that there is something about the sky router stopping the xbox connecting to the pc can any one help ? I can see a few people have asked about this before but it seems no one has found a solution ?

Cheers
      Dan

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Re: Sky Netgear router not allowing xbox media sharing !

Try giving your PC and Xbox fixed IP addresses and reserve them in the router.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Brilldan is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01438
      Broadband ISP: Sky Connect
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

How would i go about doing that sorry ? ive started using tversity to stream the video now which seems to work ok the quality isnt quite as good but there dosent seem to be much else i can try ?

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

For Vista - Sweetpatch TV - Setting Static IP (Windows Vista)
      For Xbox - PortForward.com - Free Help Setting up Your Router or Firewall

To reserve the addresses - Make sure your PC and Xbox are powered up and connected to the router. Open the router settings and go to the Attached Devices Section and note down the the IP address, name and MAC address of each device. Now go to the LAN IP Setup and click the Address Reservation button. Copy down the details for each device you noted down earlier. Click the Apply button when you are finished. You can also do this by copying and pasting the details from the Attached list to the Reserved list. Remember to click the Apply button or the settings will not be saved.

When you switch on in future your devices will have the same addresses and should have no problem finding each other.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.