Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Aid Call and Sky BB

This is a discussion on Aid Call and Sky BB within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi, I have ordered my mother a Sky Basic BB package and got Sky to adopt the phone line as ...

Calmcookie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Aid Call and Sky BB

Hi,

I have ordered my mother a Sky Basic BB package and got Sky to adopt the phone line as well, instead of BT.

2 days before the BB was to be connected I visited my mother to check everything had arrived and read her letter from Sky which stated that if she had an Medical alarm then I had to notify them asap; and thats where it's all gone wrong.

I phoned them to tell them that she wears an alert pager button round her neck in case she falls. She uses the button and it dials a preset number from a machine installed next to the phone. They can then talk to her and call her assistance if needed.

Now for some reason, even though I've checked with the Medical Alarm people who state yes it's fine to use this system with Sky BB and Talk. There's no problems that they are aware of. Sky have got it into their bonnets that this system cannot be used on their bundled package as they have their own equipment in the Exchange and it won't work with their equipment. Their solution is for her to go onto the old Sky system which routes through the BT network in the exchange.

She was due to be connected on the the 4th Dec and is still waiting to be connected, how long should this take? And are they right that this Alarm package won't work with their systems bundles at the local Exchange?

Anyone know?

2. Advertisement
      IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

Re: Aid Call and Sky BB

it depends how it's wired into the line - it's it hard wired in a socket then no it won't work as it won't be filtered. Also, it's known that some alarm systems just won't work due to them sending signals down the line periodically which will interfere with the BB regardless of it being filtered...
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

Calmcookie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Aid Call and Sky BB

The Aid Call diagram of how it's connected to the Phone line shows the wall socket, then a BB filter with the Aid Call connected to the Phone side. The house phone is connected to a socket on the Aid Call box. This leaves the BB socket available for a Modem/Router to be connected.