Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Please help broadband activation tomorrow and no sky router has been supplied

This is a discussion on Please help broadband activation tomorrow and no sky router has been supplied within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi, my broadband is due to been switched from BT to sky tomorrow, and sky have not sent the router ...

glossy1 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: maltby
      Broadband ISP: Sky Mid/Everyday
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Please help broadband activation tomorrow and no sky router has been supplied

Hi, my broadband is due to been switched from BT to sky tomorrow, and sky have not sent the router yet.
      Just got off the phone, they said they cant gaurantee it before xmas, and cant delay the switchover

My question is, can i access the broadband using my existing BT router (or any router)

Any help will be much appreciated

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Re: Please help broadband activation tomorrow and no sky router has been supplied

My question is, can i access the broadband using my existing BT router (or any router)
      Your Sky ADSL username and password are embedded in the Sky router, this means you cannot connect until you receive it.

If you have any friends with a spare Sky router, you would be able to connect with that.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

emrobin is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Warboys
      Broadband ISP: Sky Connect
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Thanks

Re: Please help broadband activation tomorrow and no sky router has been supplied

Sadly, it's one of the ridiculous things about Sky broadband. They force you to use their lousy router when you can purchase much better routers on the market. I'm sure their excuse is that it makes it easier for them to trouble shoot when there is a problem, but at least provide quality routers then. Sagem? Pure junk with a very weak wireless signal. They should switch to Linksys routers made by CISCO. Much better.
      Peak usage speed test

PaulSky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Sky has more than one Router so it's not just the Sagem out there. Relying on a postal service this time of year is daft but unfortunately things like this happen now and then. Personally I would never look to switch provider this time of year as something is bound to go wrong or be delayed.

Thanks

They force you to use their lousy router when you can purchase much better routers on the market.
      As you probably know you can buy your own router and use it with Sky. Thousands are already doing this. Although it is against the T & Cs, Sky have yet to cut anyone off for doing it.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

QALHOMER is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01264
      Router: Sky SR102 Hub
      Thanks

I had no choice really as we moved 30th November, but I am in the same boat and to make it worse they actually sent the router to the old address even though the account details had been changed!!!

They were sending another one on Friday so hopefully one or maybe even 2 might turn up in the next couple of days!!!

I saw a Sky router in Cash Converters for 12 would it work if I bought it??

Thanks

I saw a Sky router in Cash Converters for 12 would it work if I bought it??
      It might, if it has been flashed with standard firmware it would not. It would have to be flashed back to Sky firmware to have any chance of connecting. Even then it may not be registered in Sky's data base, so would not connect. For 12 quid it might be worth taking a chance, you would not know till you tried.

TomD

Useful Utilites

Thanks

Just chased them to be told it will be with me today although I might not hold my breath on it

Thanks

And amazingly lots of post but no router

Kids aint gonna be happy if it's not up and running for the online Christmas games

Not having the router to hand I cant even try the generator thing on here to get it running through my old router.

Wonder if I asked Sky for the info would they let me have until this was sorted out? so we can get online over Christmas??

Any thoughts anyone?

Smithy99 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Irby
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Thanks

No, Sky don't know the details, it is generated by the router. Your best bet would be getting the one from Cash Converters, chances are this will work.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast