Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Please help broadband activation tomorrow and no sky router has been supplied

This is a discussion on Please help broadband activation tomorrow and no sky router has been supplied within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Well the one I picked up from Cash Converters did not work Can you get into the router setting? Open ...

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Re: Please help broadband activation tomorrow and no sky router has been supplied

Well the one I picked up from Cash Converters did not work
      Can you get into the router setting? Open a browser and type http://192.168.0.1 in the address bar and hit enter. When the next pane opens type admin for the username and sky for the password, click OK. If the settings open, it still has the Sky firmware and it probably means it is not registered in the data base or your line is not yet activated.
      If the password is rejected try admin for the user and password for the password. If the settings open, the router has been flashed with standard firmware. If this is the case it will have to be flashed back to Sky firmware or have the details entered manually for it to connect.
      If neither of these work, push a biro or pin into the reset switch on the rear and hold it there for 10 secs or until the lights flash. Try the above again.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

2. Advertisement
      QALHOMER is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01264
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky SR102 Hub
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Please help broadband activation tomorrow and no sky router has been supplied

Got home last night and one of the "missing" routers were here so mamaged to gt that working last night

Just got to sort out the wireless side now for the PS3 and my Lappy I can find the sirouter but not letting me connect!! but will post that as another question

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123