Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Please help broadband activation tomorrow and no sky router has been supplied

This is a discussion on Please help broadband activation tomorrow and no sky router has been supplied within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Will give it till this afternoon and see what happens, if not then it's off to Cash convertors for me ...

QALHOMER is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01264
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky SR102 Hub
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Please help broadband activation tomorrow and no sky router has been supplied

Will give it till this afternoon and see what happens, if not then it's off to Cash convertors for me then

Cheers Smithy

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Re: Please help broadband activation tomorrow and no sky router has been supplied

If it is a DG834GT, the white one, at that price, I would snap it up anyway as it is a very good router. It is more configurable and has a better wireless range than the black ones.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Thanks

Suffice to say "I am off to Cash Convertors"

Not a joyful move at all this move to Sky!!!

Addition It was shut!!!!!
      Last edited by QALHOMER; 23-12-09 at 09:50 AM.

lindala is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: dunhalm
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Oh Heck !! I ,ordered Sky tele on thursday and had it installed on sunday,then a letter arrives telling me my broadband will be activated on thursay24th,and I havent received a router either.Ooooo I hope I havent made a boo boo by joining sky Ive been well impressed up to now.(Im sky hd)
      Last edited by lindala; 22-12-09 at 07:53 PM. Reason: changing Sky to Sky hd

The_Batman is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 028
      Broadband ISP: 02
      Thanks

get on the phone guys asap, ask the agent you speak to does it say awaiting delivery or deliverd on there systems. If possible if you could post back here and tell me what they say. ill shed some light on the situation for you

Thanks

I just got off the phone with them, and having tracked the parcel (which is now in Ware Hertfordshire!!!!) it has been sent to my old address and that's the second one!!!

Having another sent out today but obviously wont get it before Christmas which means unhappy sulky teenager's not online !!!

Oh the festive joy ahead

Thanks

Hi there I phoned this morning and they have told me its at the depot waiting to be delivered to me today so hopefully it should arrive soon.Im getting fed up waitig for the postal van coming..lets hope he doesnt whosh past.lol

Thanks

well Parcelforce did go whoosh and no router for me,but local postieman has just been and delivered it ..so who,s a happy bunny ?lol.

uk_chris is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

You are not alone! I left AOL (no one can fault me there, can they?) and moved to Sky. Been waiting '5-7 business days' for a router, rang up and the rep told me a router was never sent.

No idea whether I'll be getting it before Christmas, or even this year for that matter. Hugh mix-up on Sky's behalf and not a very good introduction to the broadband side of the company! Fed up with using 3G, I want my internet back!

Thanks

Well the one I picked up from Cash Converters did not work

Was showing 1 amber light instead of a green one, changed filters many times and in the test socket so think it has to be the router.

I have had a message from Sky confirming the line has been enabled so hopefully that's OK

Is it possible to test the line or check it does anyone know?

Anyway still keeping fingers crossed on the post office today but obviously not holding my breath!!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast