Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Upgrade from Sky broadband base to unlimited

This is a discussion on Upgrade from Sky broadband base to unlimited within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I just looked around on this forum about SVBN and had a right laugh when i read this "Just to ...

sz.oliver is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01554
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

re: Upgrade from Sky broadband base to unlimited

I just looked around on this forum about SVBN and had a right laugh when i read this

"Just to confirm...

Sky currently can't upgrade anyone on the SVBN to a higher package due to a system issue...

Because of this these people won't be hit when the usage policy hits as neither Sky nor the customer has anyway of upgrading - once a fix is in place then those going over their monthly limit will be upgraded automatically as per T&C's, or the user can upgrade themselves..." This is unbelievable it was posted on October the 13th (two month ago) and if i cant upgrade because of this then it is unbelievable that they cant fix this in 2 months

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Line rental from sky only meant that i pay them and then they pay Bt but i might have been wrong.
      Yes you are wrong. With their new Sky Voice and Broadband Network, they have complete control. They pay BT for floor space in the exchange and that is all. They now 'own' your line.

I mean they cant be that stupid that they don't know how to upgrade me if i have l have rental right..
      You would think so wouldn't you, but there are several on the forum with your problem. The procedures for upgrading a connection is different from that used on a BT line and it seems they have not yet mastered it. All you can do is wait until they do. It does not help the speed any but don't bother about the download limit, it is their fault if they can't do an upgrade when requested.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Thanks

This situation would almost be funny if it wasn't happening to me.
      Does any one have a rough idea when it will be fixed? I'm not worried about the download limit i went over that weeks ago its just quite annoying that i could get a speed of around 15 times faster then now

Ps thank you for the quick replies

Thanks

It is hard to understand why they can't at least give you the speed you are entitled to on Base, which is twice what you have. Have you tried to get them to lift the cap on that?

I don't think anyone knows when it will be fixed. I am sure one of the Sky bods that post here will let us know as soon as they find out.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Thanks

i haven't tried getting them to lift the cap yet because i hoped that when the upgrade happens it will be automatically sorted. if only i would have known before that they cant upgrade me... I'll try to get them to get the cap lifted when i come back in January of course if its not fixed by then because i'm going away for Christmas in a couple of hours.

Thanks

what i find strange about the cap is that the router connect exactly at 1024kbps never 1kb faster or slower.... Or is this normal sorry for the stupid questions but i only have broadband since 2 weeks as i just moved to town and before this is wasn't available in my area.

Thanks

That is exactly half the speed it should be syncing. 2048kbps is the speed on Base. Give them a ring and see if they can improve it. If Tier 1 tell you that is all you can get, tell them that's nonsense and insist on being passed to the Customer Solutions Team.

TomD

Useful Utilites

Thanks

Ok thank you for all of your help and posts. I will give them a ring when i get back from the holidays.

I also heard that they can upgrade me but they have to do it manually and that if i go over my limit twice they automatically upgrade me. Is any of this true?

Thanks

I don't know about the manual upgrade, but if you go over your limit twice in 6 months you are supposed to be automatically upgraded. To my knowledge they cannot do this either on SVBN.

TomD

Useful Utilites

Thanks

Well i run out of ideas i think i wait till January then i give them a call to get the cap lifted then go over my limit and wait for the upgrade.
      The other thing that worries me is that when I log on to my sky according to that i don't even have broadband

Anyway thx again for all your help I'll keep this forum updated when anything new happens

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast