Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Re: Slow Sagem

This is a discussion on Re: Slow Sagem within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; hello is it me or is the sagem router fast 2504 less than its title and name i have been ...

buller is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01843
      Broadband ISP: Sky Base
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky Basic

hello is it me or is the sagem router fast 2504 less than its title and name i have been on sky for 2 months now called tech at sky and they tested my speeds and said they were exceptionally low so they reset my router and my speeds went up to 2056 kbs and 256kbs but since the router is constantly retraining now my speeds have dropped again to normally 256 and 256kbs just tested it again and this is the result the fastest it has run since. Modem
      ADSL Firmware Version A2pB023o.d20h
      Modem Status Up
      DownStream Connection Speed 448
      UpStream Connection Speed 256
      VPI 0
      VCI 38
      i now am thinking what a peice of cr.p!!!! this service and router is, have asked for a new router but all i get is a reset done remotely by tech at sky, this lasts for maybe 5mins at 2056 kbs and 256kbs then we are back to 256/256kbs again wish i was back on tiscali ........ at least the router worked and gave me no probs so much for better service cheaper at sky???? anyone got any other ideas!!!!!! as this is becoming a problem as i can only access the net at very low speeds in between the constant router training, and cant get a new router outof sky!

Please do not hijack other posts
      Last edited by Isitme; 26-11-09 at 12:35 PM. Reason: Moved post

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Central Scotland
      Thanked 1,624 Times in 1,586 Posts

Post your router stats from your normal position and from the Test socket. If you don't know how to do this please look at the relevant links in the Quick Links box on the Left.

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

Inssider 2/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

krysis is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: BT
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Other

I don't think it's the router mate. Sounds like your setup is wrong.
      I'm guessing you have something connected before the filter or an unfiltered socket.

If your speeds go to 2mb and then drop after a bit, theres something setup wrong (Most likely).