Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

whats happened to my service?

This is a discussion on whats happened to my service? within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; assuming he's on the SVBN - that wouldn't jump attenuation from something low to stupid high so probably bad routing......

IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

Re: whats happened to my service?

assuming he's on the SVBN - that wouldn't jump attenuation from something low to stupid high so probably bad routing...
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is online now Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

As his original speed was only 3.5 he would never have had an attenuation much lower than this, probably 60-61.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

peevedoffatsky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01634
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

ok so almost 5pm and my speed has dropped to 1mb, and i know within an hour it will be crawling behind the snail pace dial up ppl out there on islands in middle of nowhere.

the problem with the 3.5 meg normal speed is unavoidable unless BT renew the lines and do it better, what amuses me is i cant get cable, yet 1 row of houses down from me can, and sits on 17+ mb DL speeds on virgin.
      so much for skys upgrades.

thanks though everyone who's been trying to help with the issue here, i appreciate it. now if anyone wants to join me on a murderous rampage at skys tech help centres, im ready!
      (been unable to raid with my World of Warcraft guild for a week now lol)

Thanks

ok well looks like im stuffed till next week.
      4 hours of being passed over to every dpt until i ended up at SS dept whatever that is support services?
      They dropped me to 2mb to see if that sorted it. NO.. it didnt. The woman then told me it looked like i was being capped as if i was a connect customer, she admitted she didnt understand why the connection started doing this as of the specific date, but it would explain the huge drop (web pages time out in loading) in connectivity during peak hours. So.. this new router on its way will have its own new mac code which would basically eliminate the old mac code having gotten somehow screwed up into being part of the connect package (i dont totally understand it, i just get that connect customers get capped at peak hours. im being in effect, capped at peak hours. new router = removes the strange capping that they cant explain being on my line). IF that doesnt work (monday at latest for router to arrive) then they will call out an engineer, so at the very latest, tuesday night the engi will have checked my line, checked the exchange and either fixed the problem or told me hes clueless, their guys in offices r clueless, and i have the right to void my contract. Apparently though.. ill be getting credit to my account from when i first called them to whenever it is resolved. i miss BT (never EVER thought id say that one) physical service (not the cust support, least skys is understandanble english speaking ppl)

Thanks

Returning your line to ADSL1 (G.DMT) would probably solve the problem. Whether they can do this on their new network, I don't know, that may be part of the problem. I am sure IWNTE would know?

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Thanks

new router arrived today, its not solved the issue, again at 5 my net began dropping fast, its now down on 152kb. Ive been promised an engineer will come look at my line/exchange etc soon as i can get through on phone to the next tier of support that is (gota let them know their stupid idea of a new router didnt work), not one of the ppl ive spoken to at sky, not t1, t2, svbn or cust solutions (even the guy lastnight at 2 am when i finally got through), can explain why i am getting the symptoms of a "capped" service as im on the max/unlimited package, my line is isdn and isdn2 capable, has LLU etc. not sure what IWNTE stands for Isitme, sorry but thankyou for the suggestions and help here! frustrating the bejeesus out of me the lack of any solution after a full working week of it + a red ear from being on hold for so long every night lol

Thanks

not sure what IWNTE stands for Isitme,
      Author of post #11. who was/is a Sky CST agent

When you get to CST, the agents past Tier 1) ask them to try your line on G.DMT. See what they say.

TomD

Useful Utilites

Thanks

ahhh lol missed that one sry

yeah ill be doing that, thanks for the suggestion. will have to wait till tomorrow ofc as its now coming up for half past 2 am (world event on WoW i got too into, sad... yes lol), frustrating constantly being told im going to have to wait for a call back... or to see if the latest attempt will fix it, now its.. wait on call back to arrange engineer. So whatever gets it working fast

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      Author of post #11. who was/is a Sky CST agent

When you get to CST, the agents past Tier 1) ask them to try your line on G.DMT. See what they say.
      Was.

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

Thanks

so another 2 hr convo to sky cust solutions where again the tards told me everything ive heard every night this week (1 hr hold wait again 1st ofc), i am SO angry , frustrated and just plain fed up of them. they have switched DLM back on on the line (also a guy earlier put me on g.dmt and messed around a bit with it and actually it ran brilliant.. then 10 min after i got off the line, it was back down, my router stats looked like someone had reset teh connection again back to what it was in the week (the bad performance).. and now im being told i wont get an engineer out to look at it... only by turning on DLM and having someone come look at it tomorrow and call me back will they find out whats wrong. SO tired of this.. how do you tell a brick wall they wont see the problem from there, as their tests show its all fine and dandy... somethings wrong and its somwhere from this end its happening and its only traffic from this end that it can be tested by!! ARGH im going to lose it soon. ive decided enough is enough, im still in my minimum term contract with them, but im pretty certain this constitutes as an unuseable service and i have a right to terminate and switch providers (i hear bethere are good) as they cant fix this clearly and are unwilling to send me an engi who would be able to come and prove its this end that its visible from. (also apparently my line is 6000 mtrs long, i am 10 min walk from my exchange lol, thats bad bad routing for you)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast