Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast
    Like Tree1Likes

Lost speed with move to SVBN

This is a discussion on Lost speed with move to SVBN within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Good evening. SKY have moved me to their exchange equipment in the last 3 days (I didn't do onto DLM ...

robthemod is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Nuneaton
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: SKY World HD+
      Thanks

Lost speed with move to SVBN

Good evening.

SKY have moved me to their exchange equipment in the last 3 days (I didn't do onto DLM). However, I noticed a change in the DS attenuation which had risen from 23db to 28, and my DL speed has dropped.

Spoke to CST (for hours) tonight, and the last 3 nights (am going loopy now), and they reckon that that is it, no more - you can't have any more!

My line is capable of 18meg, but could cause instablility so - put up and shut up!

SKY even payed Openreach to come out and check the wiring in the street/cabinet etc, and found no fault - which I expected.

But so much for SKY's new system - upgrade? I don't think so.

Anyway, configuration in my house is -

Netgear DG834g connected to the master socket (no extensions whatsoever)
      ADSL Nation Faceplate
      Ethernet to PC/Laptop (don't use wireless)

Honest opinion on my stats please, and whether I could acheive 18 meg?
      Since the changeover I was acheiving a DL sync of 18898. Now this has dropped.

ADSL Link Downstream Upstream
      Connection Speed 16141 kbps 1150 kbps
      Line Attenuation 27 db 13 db
      Noise Margin 7 db 6 db

Maybe I should just be greatful.....!

Moved to own thread as previous thread was not on this subject.
      Last edited by Isitme; 17-11-09 at 10:20 PM. Reason: Moved post

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Re: Lost speed with move to SVBN

There have been quite a few posts about things not going right when moved to SVBN. Something is wrong with their setup or it could be that your router is not compatible with the new exchange equipment. From your stats, you are not going to get any more.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

krysis is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: BT
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      There have been quite a few posts about things not going right when moved to SVBN. Something is wrong with their setup or it could be that your router is not compatible with the new exchange equipment. From your stats, you are not going to get any more.
      I've seen quiet a few of these too, but the equipment is strange. I don't know if it's an upgrade or a downgrade..

I don't know the detailed difference between ISAM's and DSLAM's I don't know specifications etc... all I know is an ISAM hold's less people.

It's quite odd that you have pretty much dropped 2mb sync.

My guess would be with the Equipment Configuration/ Setup at the exchange.

I know there are few CST guys here, I am Ex-CST myself... This is an idea - Whether It would work or not is another thing - How about a TPS?

Only thing there with a TPS is that your already syncing at a very high rate, they might not do it but no harm in asking to be honest.

Cambo -_- is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Maindee (SWMDE)
      Router: Sky Hub SR102 Piggybacking D-Link DIR-615
      Sky TV: Sky+HD DRX890
      Thanks

Arghhhhhhh!!!!!! I Hate The New Sky Network!!!

Before The Switch Over my Phone & Broadband Was Flawless, Was getting a Steady 18mb download & 1mb upload, Then soon as i got switched over the phone lost its caller display & was not dailing out at random times ( just a dead tone ) and when some one tryed to ring the house it would go to voice mail & not ring at all. The Broadband was getting loads of errors & now the CST has dropped it to 16mb ( sync ) but only geting 9-10mb max.
      Also before switch over my IP address was always local ( Newport ) but now getting IP's from Brigend, birmingham, stroke-on-trent, Stalybridge ect, ????? everywere but Newport like before the switch.

Been on phone to sky countless of times only thing that was sorted was caller ID
      i'm thinking of moving provider but realy like sky BB ( did ) as you get a lot of bang for your buck so will be asking to switch me back to the old network i was on before the switch.

As they say... if it's not broke DONT fix it

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cambo -_- View Post
      Arghhhhhhh!!!!!! I Hate The New Sky Network!!!

Before The Switch Over my Phone & Broadband Was Flawless, Was getting a Steady 18mb download & 1mb upload, Then soon as i got switched over the phone lost its caller display & was not dailing out at random times ( just a dead tone ) and when some one tryed to ring the house it would go to voice mail & not ring at all. The Broadband was getting loads of errors & now the CST has dropped it to 16mb ( sync ) but only geting 9-10mb max.
      Also before switch over my IP address was always local ( Newport ) but now getting IP's from Brigend, birmingham, stroke-on-trent, Stalybridge ect, ????? everywere but Newport like before the switch.

Been on phone to sky countless of times only thing that was sorted was caller ID
      i'm thinking of moving provider but realy like sky BB ( did ) as you get a lot of bang for your buck so will be asking to switch me back to the old network i was on before the switch.

As they say... if it's not broke DONT fix it

I completely sypathise mate, as my connection has dropped (was getting a consistant 18.9 meg D/L.) I haven't checked the phone yet, but I'd better do that quick!

Question is, how many of us are going to hammer SKY customer services and tech support about this, because this was supposed to be the 'all singing all dancing' move over to their great new network, and all that has happened is a serious negative effect.
      I welcome reports of broadband degradation from other users.

Last edited by robthemod; 18-11-09 at 10:43 PM.

Thanks

I welcome reports of broadband degradation from other users.
      A good idea, maybe this post should be stickied for a while to keep the reports together?

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      A good idea, maybe this post should be stickied for a while to keep the reports together?
      Forgive me, but not entirely sure how to do that

Could you oblige please mate? (assuming it hasn't been done already)

Cheers

peevedoffatsky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01634
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

normally you can only sticky something after its been posted, then go back in and edit via publishing options, allows it to be stickied then.

on side note i didnt realise this was here.
      add me to this list, since 14th (upgrade day here) my connection has been saying its at 3mb (bad line) but going around 2mb, however from 5pm on till 11pm, im getting 88kb or there abouts and this has ONLY been since this "upgrade", and only during these times

cornishsky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Helston
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

3rd time i've written this message, browser being weird! this time a very short post, having major problems with sky, since their DOWN GRADE? is there light at the end of this tunnel?

before upgrade
      Connection Speed 16998 kbps 1044 kbps
      Line Attenuation 16 db 7 db
      Noise Margin 15 db 7 db

now stats
      Connection Speed 7998 kbps 750 kbps
      Line Attenuation 16 db 7 db
      Noise Margin 25 db 15 db

been told to wait for dlm to kick in, fed up i've had 16mb down 1mb up since september, now im being told i wont be able to achieve that!!?

Thanks

3rd time i've written this message,
      Have you been transferred to the Sky Voice and Broadband Network? Unless you have Sky Phone Rental you will not have. If you are not on the SVBN, you have a different problem and I will move your post.

TomD

Useful Utilites

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast