Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up


    Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.


    Advertisement

    Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Results 21 to 30 of 32

    Sky Connect Customer Experiance

    This is a discussion on Sky Connect Customer Experiance within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Originally Posted by skyconnectsufferer I am a former connect user who can only get bt products too at my exchange. ...

    1. #21
      Faust's Avatar
      Faust is offline Banned
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Join Date
      Mar 2008
      Posts
      306
      Thanks
      0
      Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

      Re: Sky Connect Customer Experiance

      Quote Originally Posted by skyconnectsufferer View Post
      I am a former connect user who can only get bt products too at my exchange. i moved from connect to IDnet which isitme mentioned and honestly mate they are awesome ,they dont throttle,traffic shape of any sort,they are so confident of their product they offer the service on a monthly basis so no hassle of being tied down for a year,if you dont like it then just cancel,but no need to when they give you max speed all day.

      its amazing my max speed on my line is around 6.2-6.7 and i get 6.4meg on the bt speedtest at peak time!

      plusnet are mentioned as being great too,but i can personally vouch for idnet, i wondered why i hadnt joined them sooner in the first place.

      there is light at the end of the tunnel,just get your mac code like isitme said and migrate over to someone else.
      Sounds good but costs 4 times as much as Sky so it needs to be.


    2. Advertisement
    3. #22
      Faust's Avatar
      Faust is offline Banned
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Join Date
      Mar 2008
      Posts
      306
      Thanks
      0
      Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

      Re: Sky Connect Customer Experiance

      Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      Some of our members seem to have started experiencing the throttling in Oct, 08. Since then it has gradually spread out over the country. It is not due to anything BT have done, Sky will not pay for enough bandwidth, so are quite rightly restricted in the amount they can use by BT.
      Surely if you cannot access your Broadband during the peak times then having read their terms and conditions it could be construed as a denial of service?

    4. #23
      Isitme's Avatar
      Isitme is online now Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Join Date
      Dec 2006
      Location
      Central Scotland
      Posts
      34,131
      Thanks
      64
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

      Re: Sky Connect Customer Experiance

      I think that is why Sky are allowing Connect users to leave, even when they are still in contract. They probably do not want the bad publicity, forcing users to stay against their will would bring.

      TomD


      Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.


      Useful Utilites

      http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

      Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.





    5. #24
      skyconnectsufferer's Avatar
      skyconnectsufferer is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: holland on sea
      Broadband ISP: Plusnet pro
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Join Date
      Oct 2009
      Posts
      89
      Thanks
      0
      Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

      Re: Sky Connect Customer Experiance

      i got my connect cancelled as i said they broke their terms and conditons of the service.

      yes idnet isnt the cheapest but what do oyu want to do? pay 5 for something you cant use or pay more for a service you can rely on?

      are going to buy a happy shopper loaf of bread cos its cheap or pay more for a nice tasty loaf of kingsmill gold

      maybe plusnet would be more suitable for you price-wise

    6. #25
      Faust's Avatar
      Faust is offline Banned
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Join Date
      Mar 2008
      Posts
      306
      Thanks
      0
      Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

      Re: Sky Connect Customer Experiance

      Quote Originally Posted by skyconnectsufferer View Post
      i got my connect cancelled as i said they broke their terms and conditons of the service.

      yes idnet isnt the cheapest but what do oyu want to do? pay 5 for something you cant use or pay more for a service you can rely on?

      are going to buy a happy shopper loaf of bread cos its cheap or pay more for a nice tasty loaf of kingsmill gold

      maybe plusnet would be more suitable for you price-wise
      I'm not sure using Kingsmill Gold as an analogy is a sound one as I consider sliced bread to be one of the very worst foods on the Planet, I could shudder at the thought of eating any. Now if you had said home made or a nice French Loaf I might have been with you there.

      The trouble is that outside of the 5pm to Midnight zone I am regularly enjoying up to 7 mbps which is pretty good. Next door neighbour is on Plusnet and whereas he says his speeds aren't throttled quite as bad as mine he is nonetheless suffering evening traffic shaping.

    7. #26
      NewsreadeR's Avatar
      NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Join Date
      Aug 2006
      Location
      St Helens
      Posts
      22,211
      Thanks
      108
      Thanked 373 Times in 304 Posts
      Blog Entries
      48

      Re: Sky Connect Customer Experiance

      I think tbh anyone would accept traffic shaping if it was implemented properly. It's been said for years that it was going to happen. But for someone on 7meg to be reduced to 56k types of speeds is just taking the mickey.

      Even if it was reduced to half your speed, effectively everyone could still use the net properly.




      ~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

      Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

    8. #27
      Faust's Avatar
      Faust is offline Banned
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Join Date
      Mar 2008
      Posts
      306
      Thanks
      0
      Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

      Re: Sky Connect Customer Experience

      Quote Originally Posted by NewsreadeR View Post
      I think tbh anyone would accept traffic shaping if it was implemented properly. It's been said for years that it was going to happen. But for someone on 7meg to be reduced to 56k types of speeds is just taking the mickey.

      Even if it was reduced to half your speed, effectively everyone could still use the net properly.
      Exactly the point I put to Sky. My last three evenings according to the BT Speedtester which Sky insist you use are as follows - 256Kbps 354Kbps and 456kbps. I would settle for 1.5 mbps as a minimum. To look directly at the exchange from my lounge window (I'm that close) and to get such good speeds outside that throttle period shows to what extent Sky are traffic shaping their customers. Now I may only be paying a fiver due to the discount but 17 per month is their most expensive product and to receive service like this really is appalling.

    9. #28
      skyconnectsufferer's Avatar
      skyconnectsufferer is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: holland on sea
      Broadband ISP: Plusnet pro
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Join Date
      Oct 2009
      Posts
      89
      Thanks
      0
      Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

      Re: Sky Connect Customer Experiance

      ok sorry i was gonna put a bakers loaf as comparison but it had to be sliced as like for like.

      on the broadband matter like i said idnet dont traffic shape or throttle OF ANY SORT WHATSOEVER,thats why the higher price but you pay for what you get as they say.

      if you say you are in viewing distance of exchange and you get 7 meg outside peak time then that is what you will get IN PEAK TIME with idnet.i watch videos with zune which you can instantly stream now through the net on xbox360,i work till 8pm-ish and i can click a vid when i get home and watch in full 1080p resolution within about 3-4 seconds of pressing a button to watch.

      the only time i got quality for cheap was when i was on sky mid at old address for 5 a month which was amazing value for the product.truth is though if i had access to llu services again id move over to idnet's adsl2 20 meg service as i think they are great isp, even when you ring their helpline you get awnsered in a handful of rings or if they are busy leave a message and they will get back to you in 15 mins,you will even get to know the dedicated team on first name basis,none of this waiting in a queue for an hour like sky,now if that aint quality service then i dont know what is.

    10. #29
      Faust's Avatar
      Faust is offline Banned
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Join Date
      Mar 2008
      Posts
      306
      Thanks
      0
      Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

      Re: Sky Connect Customer Experiance

      Quote Originally Posted by skyconnectsufferer View Post
      ok sorry i was gonna put a bakers loaf as comparison but it had to be sliced as like for like.

      on the broadband matter like i said idnet dont traffic shape or throttle OF ANY SORT WHATSOEVER,thats why the higher price but you pay for what you get as they say.

      if you say you are in viewing distance of exchange and you get 7 meg outside peak time then that is what you will get IN PEAK TIME with idnet.i watch videos with zune which you can instantly stream now through the net on xbox360,i work till 8pm-ish and i can click a vid when i get home and watch in full 1080p resolution within about 3-4 seconds of pressing a button to watch.

      the only time i got quality for cheap was when i was on sky mid at old address for 5 a month which was amazing value for the product.truth is though if i had access to llu services again id move over to idnet's adsl2 20 meg service as i think they are great isp, even when you ring their helpline you get awnsered in a handful of rings or if they are busy leave a message and they will get back to you in 15 mins,you will even get to know the dedicated team on first name basis,none of this waiting in a queue for an hour like sky,now if that aint quality service then i dont know what is.
      Sadly no ADSL2+ either - no date set for WBC but told in an email from BT that unlikely to be before 2015 if then. I would have to give some serious thought to moving as if I did then I would ditch Sky completely. This would mean purchasing two Freeview or FreeSat PVR's so all in all quite an expensive move (initially).

    11. #30
      Gareth_H's Avatar
      Gareth_H is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Connect
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Join Date
      Dec 2009
      Posts
      2
      Thanks
      0
      Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

      Re: Sky Connect Customer Experiance

      Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      I think that is why Sky are allowing Connect users to leave, even when they are still in contract. They probably do not want the bad publicity, forcing users to stay against their will would bring.
      The question Is, will they allow you to cancel your Broadband, Phone and Sky TV. I purchased all items together.
      I am seriously considering doing so, I have just phoned Tech Support (who were very helpful btw, as not an offshore call center), who tell me that there is nothing I can do.
      Basically he said very clearly (obviously written on a script as he read it out to me) that connect users who use P2P or any kind of excessive downloading will be limited during peak times.

     

     
    Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

    Tags for this Thread

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •  
    SkyUser - Copyright © 2006-2017. SatDish and NewsreadeR | SkyUser is in no way affiliated with Sky Broadband / BSkyB
    RIPA NOTICE: NO CONSENT IS GIVEN FOR INTERCEPTION OF PAGE TRANSMISSION