Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Starting to get worried

This is a discussion on Starting to get worried within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi all, Sky sentout my router last week but sadly I wasn't at home to get it. I have attempted ...

jwar1976 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Norwich
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Starting to get worried

Hi all,

Sky sentout my router last week but sadly I wasn't at home to get it. I have attempted numerous calls to Royal Mail for them to send it to my local post office as I can't get to the sorting office but they haven't responded to my query at all.

The thing that is starting to worry me is that my Sky Broadband is due to be activated tomorrow & there is no sign of the friendly postie in doing his job.

I was wondering if it was possible to use my current router on the max service. ? I have a Netgear DG834G V3.

Many thanks

JWAR

2. Advertisement
      Andy17 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Woodhouse (SLWD)
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fiber Max
      Router: Sky Q Hub
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Starting to get worried

Without the username and password from the sky router you cannot use any other router, because sky don't have the info it is in the router.

User05 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Starting to get worried

Quote Originally Posted by Andy17 View Post
      Without the username and password from the sky router you cannot use any other router, because sky don't have the info it is in the router.
      The dsl username and password is actually logged on sky's systems (any dept can view it) when the router is first logged in, but obviously are not allowed to give it out of course.

OP, if you haven't already - do ring sky up and obtain the consignment/tracking number and call Royal Mail back if you haven't been talking directly to someone from there regarding dispatching the router to yourself.