Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Browsing issues.

This is a discussion on Browsing issues. within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi Guys Over the last 3 days I have started to experience difficulties in browsing web pages. Whilst I don't ...

joss is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Adwick-le-Street
      Broadband ISP: sky max
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+HDmultiroom
      Thanks

Browsing issues.

Hi Guys
      Over the last 3 days I have started to experience difficulties in browsing web pages.
      Whilst I don't have a problem accessing the initial page. It is when for example,I log in to Sky user then try to follow the link to an other part of the site. It just grinds to a Holt.
      Sky user is particularly bad as is the times on line. As I said accessing the home pages is fine, its when I want to navigate within the site the problems start.

2. Advertisement
      neilmcl is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Sherwood
      Broadband ISP: O2 Standard
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Browsing issues.

Have you tried using a different DNS server, OpenDNS for example.

Thanks

Yes Neil I have a free OPen DNS account. Thinking back I updated AVG to version 9 pro. It fecked up a few things due to some StarForce crap on my PC from ages back. Sorted all that out now.

Looking at my local area network it seems it has reverted back to obtaining IP and DNS automatically. How strange.

Thanks

As an update to my original post difficulty in browsing web pages. I today found that with regards to the Times on line browsing issue that it is due to a file extension they use. This extension is .ece and is used by The Times on line and Independent on line news papers.
      .ece file extension is Web page dynamically generated by the Escenic Content Engine, an advanced platform for Web publishing and content management; typically contains server-side code that is parsed by the Web server, which generates HTML for the Web page.

The ECE file extension is used for news article pages on the independent.co.uk and timesonline.co.uk websites.

Does any one else who reads these on line newspapers have any problems viewing them? Works fine under IE but not Fire fox.