Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Poor stats, help please

This is a discussion on Poor stats, help please within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; hi i have just got sky broadband and my internet is very slow. i am in a rural area but ...

dingle1990 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01798
      Broadband ISP: Sky Connect
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Poor stats, help please

hi i have just got sky broadband and my internet is very slow. i am in a rural area but my neighbour has bt internet and it is good. these are my stats can some1 tell me wat they mean please ....

ADSL Firmware Version 7.03.01.66
      Modem Status Connected
      DownStream Connection Speed 576 kbps
      UpStream Connection Speed 448 kbps
      VPI 0
      VCI 38

New thread started
      Last edited by Isitme; 04-11-09 at 02:47 PM.

2. Advertisement
      User05 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: whhhooooshhhhhh........fail!

Quote Originally Posted by dingle1990 View Post
      hi i have just got sky broadband and my internet is very slow. i am in a rural area but my neighbour has bt internet and it is good. these are my stats can some1 tell me wat they mean please ....

ADSL Firmware Version 7.03.01.66
      Modem Status Connected
      DownStream Connection Speed 576 kbps
      UpStream Connection Speed 448 kbps
      VPI 0
      VCI 38
      Dingle, you're best starting a new thread yourself so it can be looked at a bit more as this thread is quite old.

Those stats aren't quite what we need either. Check the beneath link for details on getting your stats:

How to get your router statistics

Letting us know your physical set-up would be optimal also. Describe the following:

1. How many telephone sockets are in use in the house?

2. Confirm you have a micofilter connected directly into each telephone socket in use (do check these have the generic 'adsl' or 'phone and modem' imprinted on them and that they are not just blank white splitter boxes - if so, then refer to point 3)

3. If you do have a splitter before a filter, then make sure you get a filter in before the filter fitted directly into the tel socket.

4. Check the ADSL cable (the cable running from the router to the filter) is a light grey one that sky supplied. If you use any extension cables, then do remove them and fit said cable.

5. If all of the above looks to be spot on, then check if you have a test socket (link below) and plug into that with a filter and the router.

How to test your ADSL in the Master Socket

Edit: Do also be aware, you are on the connect package which is traffic managed between peak hours and will throttle your download speed. However, it seems as if you have a very low sync speed so the above is crucial, especially the stats, to see where the problem could lie.