Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Keep Losing Sync every minute

This is a discussion on Keep Losing Sync every minute within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; You don't need the password etc just to get the router stats. If they are as bad as the Sky ...

Smithy99 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Irby
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Keep Losing Sync every minute

You don't need the password etc just to get the router stats. If they are as bad as the Sky one then it is a line fault.

2. Advertisement
      afclegend81 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Denburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

yep plugged it in and same results occured, does look like the line to me i'll wait till they send me the new router i'll plug it and i guess problem will still be there, then i will i have to join the phone que again oh the joys!!

Thanks

Ring them now and tell them you have tried a friends router and still have the same problem. It is a high resistance fault and the connection cannot hold properly when the extra strain of a phone call takes place on the line.

Chances are it is a faulty joint at either the telegraph pole or the green cabinet.

Thanks

Just a quick question for you, i might be stupid but hey ho got to ask. I live in a block of 6 flats and stay on the ground floor, now someone just recently moved in to the flat oposite me on the ground floor, and i know they just activated a telephone line the other week, these problems only just started not long after this, is this just Coincidence??

Thanks

It could just be coincidence but I suppose that BT could have stressed a joint on the pole if they had to go up there.

Usually though, it is just a flick of a switch if the line is already in place.

Thanks

Just came home from work to sort it and all seems ok now bar the speed which is now 2mb when i was getting 16mb. The noise db is holding at 16db/17db for downstream and the line attuenation is now holding at 22db, this is now very strange!!!

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Your noise margin has dropped so low the connection has dropped and connected at its best speed or Sky have configured your speed to stop the drop outs. If you reboot your router and connect at a higher speed, it is the former, if it connects at the same speed Sky have capped it.

If Sky have capped it, they are not fixing it, just disguising the fault.

If you have a common switch box in your flats the BT engineer who made the connection to next door, may have inadvertently caused the fault. The only way to get it fixed is to convince, Sky or BT, whoever has your line rental, that something is wrong with your line. Sky may also be persuaded to order a broadband check on your line.

Have you asked your neighbour if they have any problems with their phone?

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Thanks

Phoned sky earlier they did a line check say its ok with just phone plugged in then a check with just broadband plugged in say it was ok. now they put the speed up and came to 8mb but they said it was producing errors if it went any higher, something has changed on the line as i was getting 16mb for months since i joined and no problems, apparently there is also a DLM check on my line at the mo too. they told me give it a couple days then phone back. Although i have noticed in the system logs on the router since i came home that it has dropped out and it is starting to do so again, this is really annoying i'm not getting anywhere with this. Problem has to be the line!!!
      My neighbour dosn't speak any english so i have no chance explaining anything too them

Thanks

You are being fobbed off by Sky

Ring again and insist that they organise a call for a BT engineer as you obviously have a line fault. Tell them that the router is loosing connection all the time and you have tried another one. If need be, unplug the router lead a few times when talking to them until they get the message.

Thanks

After Numerous more phone calls which i'am starting to loose patience with very fast now, sky have past this to some back office who can apparetnly look into the exchange and are allegely going to phone me back within 48 hours, this was sunday and since then my connection is worse and my phone noise is worse. Is there a chance they will phone and sort it?? I think not as i was told last tuesday this was getting passed up to some networks soultions department who were also meant to phone in 48 hours never did, plus when i mentioned this on sunday there was nothing in my notes about it. I'm starting to get peed off now and i'm going probably have to leave i reckon even though i'm 8 months into the contract as this just does not seem to be getting sorted at all and sky are not supplying me a service.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12