Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Recconect at slower speed after resync MADNESS!

This is a discussion on Recconect at slower speed after resync MADNESS! within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; HI I have been with sky for about 2 years I started out with a 3.2mbps connection all was fine ...

aibo82 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Mickelover
      Broadband ISP: Sky Mid/Everyday
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Reconnected at lower speed when modem resyncs! DLM!!! MADNESS!!!

HI

I have been with sky for about 2 years I started out with a 3.2mbps connection all was fine till this year noticed my connection slowed down over a few months I kept cheaking it went to 2.9 to 2.8 down to 2.5 I finally gave in and called sky did some tests and they bumped me upto 2980 after a week on DLM and it returning a slower result!

All fine for 2 weeks then it happend again 2980 2770 to 2550 i thought uplug and resync and to my frustration 2330 then at worse 2100 I was getting anoyned!

So called sky they put it manual up again to 3.2 all seemed fine they said its ok and said DLM is still on in the background but wont adjust my speed I thought great!

Till tonight my modems down to 2770 again! even though they said DLM is not makeing any adjustments and my line etc cheaks out fine! what gives is this sky cutting down speeds?

hear are my stats the customer sollutions said my noise margin is a bit low but my connection seems very stable!

ADSL Link Downstream Upstream
      Connection Speed 2656 kbps 448 kbps
      Line Attenuation 61.0 db 31.5 db
      Noise Margin 6.6 db 18.0 db

I shall call them again tommrow because I have no problems at 3.2 even though for some reason there slowing it down!

Any idears?
      Last edited by aibo82; 03-11-09 at 03:57 AM.

2. Advertisement
      User05 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Recconect at slower speed after resync MADNESS!

I'm not sure what sky have been doing to configure your line as it would seem you are on the connect package from the stats i.e. BTWholesale's adslmax. Is it your sync speed that you suggest keeps dipping or is it your download speed?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by User05 View Post
      I'm not sure what sky have been doing to configure your line as it would seem you are on the connect package from the stats i.e. BTWholesale's adslmax. Is it your sync speed that you suggest keeps dipping or is it your download speed?
      Hi Im on the one that costs 5 a month with sky talk it was the MID one i think? Basically its my Sync speed that keeps dropping I spoke to them today again and they put me back upto 3072 and said they stablelised my line and supended DLM. I dont know why sky insist using DLM on lines that dont get on with it!

he said bassically its off till someone comes and switches it back on? It just seems if my router resyncs like they do in the eve it drops to a lower speed!

IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

put your phone number into THIS page and see what LLU is available. If they're all red, you're on Connect...
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

Thanks

BT Wholesale information
      ADSL status:
      Enabled as of 31/12/2000
      ADSL Max status:
      Enabled as of 30/03/2006
      SDSL status:
      Not available
      21CN WBC status:
      Not available
      21CN PSTN switchover target: Q3 2009

That what you mean?

Postman Pat is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Leytonstone
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Thanks

Look on the heading above stating Broadband Overview .... Is there a red cross next to LLU operatives.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Postman Pat View Post
      Look on the heading above stating Broadband Overview .... Is there a red cross next to LLU operatives.
      SDSL: Yes (Via LLU Operator) its ticked green! thats the only LLU info on that page!

Thanks

Angry DLM can now predict your average washing machine interferance pattern! like rainfall!

Hi

Well today im back at 2.5! again!!! So called sky this being the 3rd time to ask my why im back down as DLM was taken off and my line would not be alted!

Skys reply: mr shaw DLM went active on you line this morning at 5 and will now run for 10 days!

I was now getting frustrated I said look is there anything you can do! he then spoke to a customer relations guy after agreeing my line is capable of handleing 3.5!

He then said: I spoke to sky solutions team and there saying there running out dlm on your line to see what speed you can acheve and after 10 days you can call back and we'll tweak it!

I said this is an excuse because Ive been on dlm befor and my line came up lower in the 3yrs ive been with sky ive maintained a stable 3.0-3.2 mb connection since this DLMs come out my speeds have droped and droped yet when I was at 3072 yesterday evening and twice you manual adjusted it to that speed it was fine and stable so all I see its an excuse! and creamin the surplus for somewere else!

I said there is no posible way a computer can work out an avarage of interference as its not a set pattern cars/microwaves/mobiles etc playing havok with the line its like predicting rainfall!

He still would not budge of doing anything but he agreed with me its very frustrating but insisted I called back 10 days later after DLM completes I said look ill bet you 100 that it will be caped lower then 3mb! You've said to me my line is capable of 3.5mb yet you drop my speed and still need to find that out on DLM wich is flawed! ok i'll never reach 3.5 but my connection is happy and stable at 3.0 upto 3.2.

He still refused to do anything im really frustrated as ive had not a single issue with speed with sky for best part of 2/3yr its allways been trouble due to service outages or modem issues (firmware)

Any ideas to take this further? I am paying for a service and a line capable at 3.5 getting at most 2.7 and some days a terrible 2.0! cos sky is comitted to messing with DLM! when i was FINE befor!

Smithy99 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Irby
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Thanks

Do you have a test socket? if so, post the sats from there. Chances are that DLM has set your line to ADSL2, it would do better on G.DMT and when DLM has finally finished, you may need to ring up again and ask for this to be manually applied.

Thanks

Well I tested the master socket and test socket with sky yesterday again and the results come out the same infact there saying im getting a slightly better connection in the extension one in my room!

Maybe that due to the fact I have run a cat5e cable and using a adsl nation filter plate?

I cant for the life of me think were my speeds gone since the first half of this year ive always had around 3mb and over with sky!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast