Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

loss of connection

This is a discussion on loss of connection within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; hi guys just wanted to mention somthing of concern im on sky broadband max on 20mb and ive noticed since ...

deadman1984 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Ponteland Newcastle Upon Tyne
      Broadband ISP: BT Infinity 1
      Router: dreytek vigor 130 modem + archer c7
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD + multi
      Thanks

loss of connection

hi guys just wanted to mention somthing of concern im on sky broadband max on 20mb and ive noticed since the upgrade that im losing connection alot when visiting pages. also the router that i linked up to my sky router has flipped its lid the wireless has nacked up bust gone capute so i now have to buy an new access point for my mothers laptop is anyone else having issues were you get a page can not be displayed. i personnaly think thease copper lines are useless and i think connections will get worse as the speed increases they will get to a point where they will break down all together.

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Re: loss of connection

'Page cannot be displayed' errors are often down to DNS problems. If you have not already done so, change your DNS servers to OpenDNS. You can't do it in your router type so each machine you use would have to be set up for them. Full instructions here-
      https://www.opendns.com/start/computer/

I'm afraid the problem with your other router is just bad luck, I take it you have tried resetting it to 'Factory default' and set it up again? You never know it may help.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

deadman1984 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Ponteland Newcastle Upon Tyne
      Broadband ISP: BT Infinity 1
      Router: dreytek vigor 130 modem + archer c7
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD + multi
      Thanks

Re: loss of connection

havent actually reset it it was working fine before it just completly died but it is a old router so maybe a chip has blown as the power supply i used for it wasnt the correct one