Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

System Wide SVBN Problem - Anyone Know Anything

This is a discussion on System Wide SVBN Problem - Anyone Know Anything within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; For almost two weeks now, I have been trying to upgrade from MID (Everyday) to MAX (Unlimited). Each time Sky ...

nheather is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Carfax, Horsham (SDHRSHM)
      Broadband ISP: Paying more to get Unlimited so that I get the same service as the MID I signed up for
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

System Wide SVBN Problem - Anyone Know Anything

For almost two weeks now, I have been trying to upgrade from MID (Everyday) to MAX (Unlimited).

Each time Sky attempt this they say that there are no upgrade products appearing against my account.

I have been told several times now that this is a known system wide problem with SVBN which is being worked on.

I have been given "it will be fixed in 2 days" twice and the last was "it will be fixed on Friday 9th October".

None of these appear to have happened because I am still on Everyday.

The Sky people I have been talking to vary from the sales teams in Scotland and India and the Customer Care team in Scotland.

Anyone else heard of this - am I being fobbed off or is there a genuine system wide problem.

Cheers,

Nigel

2. Advertisement
      Smithy99 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Irby
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Thanks

Re: System Wide SVBN Problem - Anyone Know Anything

I think the problem is more that there is no set proceedure in place yet to do this rather than a technical problem type of thing.

Until Sky manage to get this sorted, anyone on their new network is a bit stuck. Timescale could be anything from a few days to months.

speedyrite is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: WMDRO
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR101 + Huawei HG612
      Sky TV: NOW TV
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Smithy99 View Post
      I think the problem is more that there is no set proceedure in place yet to do this rather than a technical problem type of thing.

Until Sky manage to get this sorted, anyone on their new network is a bit stuck. Timescale could be anything from a few days to months.
      Hmm, that should make it interesting when it becomes necessary to do a "compulsory" upgrade on a customer who regularly goes over the usage cap on Mid then!
      ++ speedyrite ... powered by Sky Broadband since 2007 ++

Broadband ISP: Paying more to get Unlimited so that I get the same service as the MID I signed up for
      Thanks

I think a mixture of the two.

I doubt that at the dirty end there would be any problem with doing it.

The trouble is that it has to be initiated by Sales and when they go into my account they can see I'm on Everyday but when they click on 'upgrade' there are no upgrade products to select.

So I suspect the problem is a technical software one in that no one has updated the sales software to deal with upgrades for people on SVBN.

I did ask what happens when I hit my 10GB limit and I was told that I would just get a letter and if I continued to go over I'd be forced to upgrade - "how are you going to do that then" I asked - "good point" he replied.

Cheers,

Nigel

Smithy99 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Irby
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Thanks

A good point indeed, and I would be treating it as Max now download wise. It's not like you didn;t want to upgrade

Thanks

Well I finally got to speak to the right department - broadband provisioning department.

Spoke to Brian first - he was confident that there was no problem, just that the sales people hadn't been trained how to use the system. Although he did conclude that he'd heard conflict stories of a system wide fault.

He also noticed that the escalation raised on 30th September had not been actioned.

He passed the matter on to his team and said that I would be called later than evening probably to be told that I had been upgraded.

Well Sheila rang as promised, but she stated that there was a problem with the system and it wouldn't be fixed until the end of October. This sounds more realistic - a fix has been identified and tested but won't be rolled out to the live since until the next update slot (end of Oct).

Cheers,

Nigel

speedyrite is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: WMDRO
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR101 + Huawei HG612
      Sky TV: NOW TV
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nheather View Post
      Well I finally got to speak to the right department - broadband provisioning department.

Spoke to Brian first - he was confident that there was no problem, just that the sales people hadn't been trained how to use the system. Although he did conclude that he'd heard conflict stories of a system wide fault.

He also noticed that the escalation raised on 30th September had not been actioned.

He passed the matter on to his team and said that I would be called later than evening probably to be told that I had been upgraded.

Well Sheila rang as promised, but she stated that there was a problem with the system and it wouldn't be fixed until the end of October. This sounds more realistic - a fix has been identified and tested but won't be rolled out to the live since until the next update slot (end of Oct).

Cheers,

Nigel
      My guess is that the solution to this problem is probably "connected to/part of" a larger systems change to allow usage data to be viewed via MySky.
      ++ speedyrite ... powered by Sky Broadband since 2007 ++

IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

Just to confirm...

Sky currently can't upgrade anyone on the SVBN to a higher package due to a system issue...

Because of this these people won't be hit when the usage policy hits as neither Sky nor the customer has anyway of upgrading - once a fix is in place then those going over their monthly limit will be upgraded automatically as per T&C's, or the user can upgrade themselves...
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

Thanks

Because of this these people won't be hit when the usage policy hits as neither Sky nor the customer has anyway of upgrading - once a fix is in place then those going over their monthly limit will be upgraded automatically as per T&C's, or the user can upgrade themselves...
      That's good to hear. Can you also confirm that I won't get any snotty, patronising letters when I do exceed the limit.

Also it would be nice to see the problem be made aware to all Sky sales staff so customers don't have to suffer hours of being passed around the bazaars and fed BS responses.

It took me about 3 hours of phone calls and speaking to around 20 different people until I found someone who was genuinely aware of the problem.

Cheers,

Nigel

IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

I can't confirm if you still won't get letters - basically Sky can try and upgrade you but will hit the same brick wall you are now!!

It's lack of communication - only reason I know is I had a customer come to me, I called upgrades and they told me the info on my last post...

would be nice to get an official mailshot about it but doubt it'll happen...
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast