Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

losing net connection

This is a discussion on losing net connection within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi all, New to the forum with sky broadband problems. I signed up to sky tv / phone and broadband ...

fluffyhead69 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

losing net connection

Hi all, New to the forum with sky broadband problems.

I signed up to sky tv / phone and broadband a few weeks back, the tv was installed and is great.

A few days later (tuesday just gone) i checked the status of my order and it says my landline is active. But it isnt.

I changed over from bt after a problem with the bill and when i tried dialling out it still connected me to bt (they redirected calls as i didnt pay the ridiculous bill). at the min i just get a "number not recognised" message no matter what i dial. Ill be calling them about this tomorrow.

My broadband was turned on the next day and was working fine at about 4mb/s.

I noticed occasionally for a few seconds it would display the "Your internet connection is not available" page just for a short while then work again.

But all day today the green light on the sagem router has not beel lit up to say there was a internet connection and i have not been able to get online except for the occasional 3 mins before it cut off again.

turning it off and on didnt seem to help and i have managed to come on here although i expect it to cut off again very shortly.

The connection light which is usually green was flashing orange intermitently every min or so then going off again and if it connects then it flashed orange and red then turned green.

Any suggestions on what to do or what the problem is?

2. Advertisement
      neilmcl is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Sherwood
      Broadband ISP: O2 Standard
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: losing net connection

It could be many things, DLM, faulty router, problem at your exchange, etc. Have you tried contacting Sky about it?

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Re: losing net connection

If the phone is not working properly you are almost certain to have problems with the broadband. Call Sky and report it.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.