Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sky Routers not working..

This is a discussion on Sky Routers not working.. within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Originally Posted by Isitme The reason I suggested using the Sagem details was to discover if it had been put ...

chronic is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Sagemcom 2504N
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Sky Routers not working..

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      The reason I suggested using the Sagem details was to discover if it had been put into the data base. If it hasn't you will not connect with its details. If you can connect it means tthe router is faulty and should be returned for another.

I think your router has different set up parameters than the Sky ones and others I have seen. You would normally enter PPPoA and VC-Mux or LLC in different places. Yours seems to combine them. Just using PPPoA on its own without specifying the encapsulation type will not work.
      The Problem is getting the Sagem login and pass only way I know is with https://www.cm9.net/skypass/ and i cant get online with it...

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

You don't have to get the Sagem on line to get the details. The LAN MAC and the default WPA key are on the label on the router. You just need to put these into the generator to get the password. The username is your LAN Mac, without colons, followed by @skydsl.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Exchange:
      Thanks

You don't have to get the Sagem on line to get the details. The LAN MAC and the default WPA key are on the label on the router. You just need to put these into the generator to get the password. The username is your LAN Mac, without colons, followed by @skydsl.
      Ok done that put NEW! login and password into my InterTex IX66 router and I am online (typing this with new login details) so its activated...

Thanks

That proves the second router is also faulty, call them up and let them know. They should send you another.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Exchange:
      Thanks

That proves the second router is also faulty, call them up and let them know. They should send you another.
      Router is not faulty.. Tried it today and it worked on new Sagem router now been on for about 12hrs so guess somethings happened at SKY or BT

The problem was not the router but the PPPoa was not connecting, as I said before even my Intertex IX66 would not connect on PPPoa but would on the others PPPoa protocols..

Fingers crossed its fixed now...

Thanks

So is your Netgear GT also working?

TomD

Useful Utilites

Exchange:
      Thanks

No the Netgear GT is not connecting tried it earlyer on..

Think i will try to flash it with new firmware from Netgear over the sky firmware see if that brings it back, its worth a try

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12