Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Moving from OneTel (TalkTalk) to Sky Broadband

This is a discussion on Moving from OneTel (TalkTalk) to Sky Broadband within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I am tasked with setting up Broadband for my Mother in Law and figured as she has Sky she might ...

blisteringblue is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Horwich
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD

Moving from OneTel (TalkTalk) to Sky Broadband

I am tasked with setting up Broadband for my Mother in Law and figured as she has Sky she might as well have the free service.

However she pays her line rental to OneTel so I need to go about switching the line over to Sky at the same time.

Is this straight forward or likely to be a nightmare. If it's going to cost the same as a new line install she might as well just get the cheapest TalkTalk offering?

Anybody with any experience of this?
      Post Sky DLM and after some cowboy contracters and BT ruined my line quality (was 6mb pre DLM):

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Central Scotland
      Thanked 1,624 Times in 1,586 Posts

Re: Moving from OneTel (TalkTalk) to Sky Broadband

It depends entirely on the type of Phone service she has. If it is simply a re-badge BT line then there is no problem. If she is fully unbundled, then there could be a problem. If it is fully on the TalkTalk network then moving is not so easy. It could mean moving back to BT first then to Sky. I think BT have a very long contract period so that may not be an option. It would be very risky trying to move direct to Sky, even if they say they will do it. Moving from one full LLU provider to another is not easy.

To be honest, TalkTalk probably have the best deal for phone and broadband after Sky. I don't know about the OneTel side, whether it is fully integrated with TT or not.

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

Inssider 2/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.