Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Sky broadband/talk installation problem...

This is a discussion on Sky broadband/talk installation problem... within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I posted this in the talk section but there wasn't much of a response. Hi, Hope this is in the ...

Coxon888 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Base
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Sky broadband/talk installation problem...

I posted this in the talk section but there wasn't much of a response.

Hi,

Hope this is in the right place. Basically I ordered sky tv a couple of months ago and I was planning on getting talk and broadband as well but it's been a nightmare. Sky told me they had problems with my address on their system (possibly to do with a house split into 2 flats) and they would investigate. They got back to me saying they hadn't sorted it and that my address wasn't registered with bt whn they were trying to activate the phone line and that I should goto the post office. I went the other day and the guy had no idea what I was talking about so now I'm a bit stuck as to what to do next.

Since then the installation charge has gone up and all they're willing to do is credit my account with the extra, which I suppose is better than nothing. And I'll probably have to sign up for 12 months even though I'll only be here till July.

Any ideas? Cheers for any help

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Re: Sky broadband/talk installation problem...

Your best bet is to go to BT for the line rental. I don't know if they do it intentionally but BT seem to make it difficult for other suppliers to get a line installed. When your line is set up then you can go to Sky for your broadband. Check first that your exchange has been enabled for LLU by Sky. If it has not, forget about getting broadband from Sky as their non-LLU product is probably the worst available.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Coxon888 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Base
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Am I right in thinking it will cost me a fortune to get bt to install a line? Like 100 compared to skys 35? How do I find out if my area has llu enabled?

Cheers for you help.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

How do I find out if my area has llu enabled?
      If you don't have a telephone number to put in the Sky check, find out the name of your exchange and look it up in SamKnows Broadband - Availability - Exchange Search

Sky seem to be able to take over an existing line with no problems, but when it comes to putting a new line in it is a different story. Nearly everyone runs into some sort of problem, BT have the experience to sort these out, Sky don't. It is up to you whether you want pay the extra to BT or wait till Sky sort it out.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.