Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

View Poll Results: How wrong is it for Sky to use bad tactics/silence towards the connect service?

Voters
    7. You may not vote on this poll
    • Very wrong and I would jump ship in a nano, once I can get this bloody website working!

7 100.00%
    • Its no different than other companies that like to play games

0 0%
    • If they can get away with it, they why should anyone worry?

0 0%

Bad attitude towards "many" affected Connect customers

This is a discussion on Bad attitude towards "many" affected Connect customers within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I have also placed a poll on this which I voted Very bad on, because I don't think it's professional ...

andyconnect1 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: EAROC rochford, southend on sea
      Broadband ISP: O2 LLU, none of that access crap
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Bad attitude towards "many" affected Connect customers

I have also placed a poll on this which I voted Very bad on, because I don't think it's professional in any case.

I am just posting to get some thoughts on this.

Q) How bad is it for Sky to ignore the connect fiasco by using consumer lack-of-rights, false promises, deliberate misinformation etc.
      I call it a fiasco because the connect threads are always here..... without any official responses from Sky.

I would be very embarassed, to be in charge of SKY UK and to let this go on and on and on and on.

I am the only one thinking this is just plain wrong or should I just creep away and be a good "connectee"?

2. Advertisement
      JazH is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Connect
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: Bad attitude towards "many" affected Connect customers

Agreed.

Peak times even youtube doesn't work... Impossible stuff.

figgyp is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Redruth
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

It is defo wrong, and they should stop suscribing new customers until they can handle the ones they have got.
      But im guessing that there are so many people leaving now (i for one!) that they are just trying to maintain a status quo before trying to resolve the dang problem!

Smithy99 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Irby
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Thanks

Although I agree that the Connect package is dire and not fit for purpose, so is this poll.

The question is worded in such a way that no reasonable person could give anything but a "poor service answer".

Just like you could word it - "Do you think all the leechers that are dragging every drop of capacity from Sky's Connect package should be removed from the service if they refuse to adjust their downloading habits"

There really is no need for a poll, everyone who knows anything about Sky Connect will agree with you anyway

steve16751 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: newas
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Thanks

andyconnect1
      Hi I agree with what you are saying but the poll is without options what if someone is enjoying the Sky Connect Package there is no option for them The easiest is are you happy with Sky Connect or Not happy or Indifferent and please post reason
      Very wrong and I would jump ship in a nano, once I can get this bloody website working!
      Its no different than other companies that like to play games
      If they can get away with it, they why should anyone worry?
      Yes it is wrong but a lot of Connect Customer also have Sky TV. Sky Talk and maybe line rental and some will be getting good speeds or use their connection through the day and others saying to themselves it is going to get better why rock the boat.
      If I jump ship who is going to tell the Connect Customers about the problems Sky Connect Broadband - Are you being slowed down? and (Unofficial) FAQ - Sky Connect Users keep the Steve's Sky Connect speedtest blog

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

I am the only one thinking this is just plain wrong or should I just creep away and be a good "connectee"?
      No, you should ask for your MAC and go to another provider, as everyone with problems on Connect are advised to do.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

indefatigable is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: BB tech Support + Max
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+HD 2TB
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JazH View Post
      Agreed.

Peak times even youtube doesn't work... Impossible stuff.
      well if you have actually read the fair usage policy, you'll see that steaming video is deliberately limited during peak time. Youtube is a streaming video site. They clearly state this will happen, so its not misinformation or anything. So complaining that youtube won't work is only going to get you no-where.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

well if you have actually read the fair usage policy, you'll see that steaming video is deliberately limited during peak time.
      Where does it say that? The relevant section explicitly excludes 'streaming' from the restrictions. This is in the T & Cs and in the emails sent out to complainers.
      There are no restrictions in place for applications such as browsing, email, streaming, instant messaging and VOIP during peak times.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

steve16751 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: newas
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Thanks

indefatigable
      Hi just thought I would show what is on the email

They have even started putting this warning in their emails now -

To ensure we provide a sustainable quality broadband service to our customers, we continuously monitor and efficiently manage the Sky Network as a whole. To do this, during peak times (from 5pm to 12am each day), we may slow down the speed that all Sky Broadband Connect customers can get on certain applications which we consider use up a lot of bandwidth (for example peer-to-peer and newsgroups) and which have a negative affect on other customers There are no restrictions in place for applications such as browsing, email, streaming, instant messaging and VOIP during peak times. We do not put restrictions on our network outside of peak times.

indefatigable is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: BB tech Support + Max
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+HD 2TB
      Thanks

well i always inform customers taht streaming is affected, cos it is. My team were handed a statement that explicitly said that streaming was affected, and that this was in the t&cs, so if its isn't, we'll raise it again.