Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cant get BT line connected

This is a discussion on Cant get BT line connected within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi all, Recently we ordered Sky+ package, BB and landline. got TV installed in couple days and still waiting to ...

darkiulis28 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Network 3 dongle
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Angry Cant get BT line connected

Hi all,

Recently we ordered Sky+ package, BB and landline. got TV installed in couple days and still waiting to get landline activated. When we were placing order, sales guy said it wont be any problem, as we live in new built property and not all companies are able to pick up our new postcode and one of them is Sky. we have made loads of calls and send loads of emails trying to sort that problem. They keep saying that they cant locate our address, even its active for a month on Royal mail data base or they saying that their system crashed and asking to call later. One guy responded to my email saying that there hasnt been any order put our account, although money for the line activation been taken out of bank account. Our neighbours are having the same problem as well. Called to BT trying to explain the situation and to find out is there anything that they can do, and as i expected didnt get anywhere. Sky customer services looks like they are clueless and dont know what they are talking about. Tired telling the same story to the different people and getting nowhere. so iat the moment i am very peed off customer.

So wondering meybe you guys know what i can do, or maybe someone else had the same problem and can help. thanks

2. Advertisement
      PaulSky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: Cant get BT line connected

Did BT confirm that your address in on the database? Really that is all you need to know, if it's on there then Sky can do the rest. If it's not then it needs to be put on the database.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PaulSky View Post
      Did BT confirm that your address in on the database? Really that is all you need to know, if it's on there then Sky can do the rest. If it's not then it needs to be put on the database.
      Thanks Paul. But i called to BT other day and been told by them "if i dont want any service with BT then they cant do anything about that, and Sky needs to contact Openreach themselves" . So would that would be free of charge asking BT to put our address on their database? As i know that they are charging over 100 for line activation.

PaulSky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

BT and the Post Office maintain the main databases in use by all providers, when new houses are built those addresses are supposed to be updated onto the databases. If Royal Mail are saying your address details are in their database then the same should also go for BT unless someone has messed up somewhere. Sky won't contact Openreach as the system demands an address be "servicable" before anything can be done, if it's not on the database it is not servicable and until BT pull their fingers out there is little Sky can do.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Called BT yesterday askng to put our address on their database and guess what been told tha same again and also they said that Sky is using the same database as BT and they should be able to put our new address on the database. basically the same pile of crap again. so now really get who has to do what.??!!!

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Maybe you should go with BT for your phone, with the deals they have now there is not much difference between them and Sky. You would probably be connected within a week. You could then get the broadband fixed up with fewer problems.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

neilmcl is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Sherwood
      Broadband ISP: O2 Standard
      Thanks

You also have to bear in mind that if you go for Sky Line Rental now then you're likely to go onto their new SVBN network which means it'll be much harder for you to move to another provider for either your calls and/or broadband in the future. Save yourself the hassle an go for BT line rental.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Actually i dont need a landline for the phone calls and i dont think that i will be using it. its just for the broadband. We still havent gone anywhere, so we'll give this week and if i havent heard by the end of this week, we will request money back for line activation. And afterwards we'll see what to do. the thing is that BT charges over 100 quid for the line activation, its a rip off in the middle of the day.

neilmcl is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Sherwood
      Broadband ISP: O2 Standard
      Thanks

Phone BT, there's a very good chance you wont be charged anywhere near that.

Exchange:
      Thanks

I have called BT and they have quoted me 135 for the landline activation, even the points are in the house, just stupid! Sky till keep fobbing us off saying they have got problems with their system but cant gime anymore details. i have chased sales guy who sold the package and he is quite keen to help us out, but dont get any further with those numbties. so our next step is going to put official complaint and we will be speaking to the Trading standards. Its diabolical, we paid the money for the service and we going into second month still without it! i wish i have never started anything with sky.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast