Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Problem arising from a domestic..

This is a discussion on Problem arising from a domestic.. within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Posted on behalf of a friend: There are 2 people, Miss A and Mr B who were living together (not ...

cjard is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Problem arising from a domestic..

Posted on behalf of a friend:

There are 2 people, Miss A and Mr B who were living together (not married) but have now ended the relationship and he moved out. He was paying for the sky tv and broadband and seems to have transferred the contract to his new address and uses the Sky TV there but Miss A's phone number has not changed (he didnt take the line) and the broadband is still on Miss A's circuit.
      He refuses to cancel - one of his parting promises was "to make her life as difficult as possible and annoy her as much as he can" - and as a result no new broadband service can be ordered on Miss A's line.
      Sky refuse to give Miss A the password (he took the router) so she can use it because they demand to know his contract details (and she doesnt know them) so all in, it costs him a fiver a month to deny Miss A internet, which he is much amused by.

I'd actually like to know how he managed all this because I would love to do the same; buy Sky TV and Broadband, then give the sky box to my dad at his address because I have zero interest in TV, but i'd use the internet and he watches TV

Miss A has tried being nice, pleading, screaming, writing letters etc to probably every member of staff that Sky have in their contact centre but Sky aren't interested in helping out and simply tell her to ask him for the details.

I'm amazed that Sky can't just say "oh yes, BT say that that circuit goes to that address, but the contract is at a different one, so we're happy to cancel the broadband on that circuit"

What can she say to Sky to get them to remove the broadband from her line so she can buy her own (or get them to divulge the password so she can use the BB that he pays for, which might serve to make him cancel)?

2. Advertisement
      Smithy99 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Irby
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Problem arising from a domestic..

Who pays the line rental, and is it to BT or Sky?

PaulSky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

The trouble here is that it is HIS account, DPA stops her from doing anything and unfortunately that is the problem. Easiest route is change telephone provider or number. That will stop the ADSL on the line.

neilmcl is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Sherwood
      Broadband ISP: O2 Standard
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Thanks

She could always buy another sky router of ebay for about a quid and use that, and whilst she's at it download as much as she possibly can do to blow out his download limit. or just use normally, free broadband for her.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

If he took the Sky contract with him to the new address it must be registered under another telephone number so the broadband should automatically ceased when it was moved. Sky seem to be breaking there own T & Cs, ie, There is no Sky TV account at that address so the broadband should cease immediately. I think this is a case of Sky's departments not talking to each other, similar to the other current case where Sky cut off a user 7 months after a number change, even though the number was accepted by SkyTalk.

Maybe an email to jeremydarrochatsky.com would get someone in authority's attention.
      Last edited by Isitme; 19-09-09 at 07:20 PM. Reason: spelling

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Who says he has transfered the contract there? He may have just taken the box and plugged it in and not told sky he has moved it. He may have changed the address on his account but not the telephone number therefore the adsl still sits on the line and Sky is happy with the address details.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

As I said, Sky are supplying broadband to an address where there is no contract for Sky TV. Contacting someone who has authority should get this fixed.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Smithy99 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Irby
      Thanks

I see where Paul is coming from, if the guy that has moved has not informed Sky of his change of address then they don't know they are supplying BB to an address without a TV contract because the computer says it has.

I would be tempted to go with the line supply and see if you can either get BT to take over the line and hence kill the BB or switch suppliers to do the same thing.

All this is of course determined by who pays the line rental and to whom they pay it too.

neilmcl is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Sherwood
      Broadband ISP: O2 Standard
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Thanks

I don't see what the problem is. The guy is presumeably paying for the broadband on her line then all she has to do is get another router and she gets free broadband at his expense.

Maybe I'm missing something but isn't that a good thing.

Exchange:
      Thanks

She would need to get another router and all her adsl log in details. If he has the router where will she get those?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast